We have gone to Spain 2020

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

Arrived in Dover Tues 21st January 11.30pm , stopped on the Maison Dur car park for the night , it was freezing -1 deg so diesel heater on all night , Wed 8.15 am arrived at Folkstone and checked in and we was put on the 8.50am train ( we was booked on the 9.50am originally ) 35 min later arrived in Calais and drove for about 30 min to the wissant Aires , when we arrived there was 3 Belgium vans and it was still only 2 deg so left the heating on and went for a walk down to the beach and around the town . Thursday we left for Le Mans 5 hours drive , when we arrived at the Aire it has been shut down , so got the book out looking for plan B , we headed just south of La Mans and stopped at Guaelard in the village car park , nice and peaceful and had a good nights sleep , but still only 2 Deg , our heater still purring away keeping us warm . Friday we set off to the Aires at Magna only to find it was a Super U car park , it was getting late so we decided to stop the night , again it was nice and peaceful but still only 3 Degrees . Saturday on the road again over 5 hours to Southern France through Freezing fog and 1 deg most of the way , then just as we past Bordeaux it started to warm up to 12 Deg ,we arrived at a lovely Aires called St Pauls Les Dax near a large lake and in the woods , we decided to stop here until Monday . Today is Monday and on the road again we decided to travel through the pyrenees and look at the scenery and we was not disappointed , it was stunning and the side of the roads still covered with snow from the blizzard at the beginning of last week . Now we are in Spain at Zaragoza on the Aires near the fun fair we are the only van on this huge car park so a bit lonely , weather now 14 Deg 20.00pm , so getting better at last . I will try to upload some pictures from St Pauls les Dux aires

Bon voyage.
Take your time, once you're in the warmer weather .
Remember, you're not on bonus or tachometer, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

There goes the neighbourhood 😬 . We’re going to be about three weeks behind you.
Oh! If we do meet, will you accept €1 instead of the pound I owe you?
Derick with interested it is now about £10 , but I will accept 10 euro , only because it is you . Enjoy your trip down here , we will try and save you some sunshine ⛅

Derick with interested it is now about £10 , but I will accept 10 euro , only because it is you . Enjoy your trip down here , we will try and save you some sunshine ⛅
And stay out of my way. I wanted mate’s rates. Not Wonga 🤯

Finally arrived on the Spanish Mediterranean coast , we are at the large Aires in Collera , there must be about 100 vans here . Weather is a pleasant 20deg but there is a fair breeze , we have been for a walk down the beach and had food and beer in a tapas bar yum yum , we just need some overnight rain now to wash the van as it is filthy from the melting snow and salt from the N23 on the way down here , there was still a lot of snow from last weeks storm but it is melting fairly quick . Photos to follow

Ive been following Gadjet John and Greg on the similar trip, they are on the South Coast atm, I think they are up to about 18 - 19 deg

I assume you are in the wild camping spot in Cullera, as Collera is inland in north west Spain? Nice place Cullera but we managed only one night as it was very overcrowded and I understand last week the estimate was 140+, not for me.

I assume you are in the wild camping spot in Cullera, as Collera is inland in north west Spain? Nice place Cullera but we managed only one night as it was very overcrowded and I understand last week the estimate was 140+, not for me.

Yes last week was busy but they have had a a big storm and a lot of the aire is still flooded so the police are turning a blind eye to vans parked on the approach road , that is were we are and it is nice and peaceful atm

Keep an eye out for the 'flock' of hobby Hawks that flit around the apartment blocks and the derelict buildings adjacent the river...seen them hunting and catching large flying insects, they then land on telegraph poles and rip them to shreds.

Cullera's great...except when it's windy...no shelter.

Allen

We where there a couple of years ago when it was windy.
Be aware that the palm trees cast there branches in strong winds.
Stay safe and enjoy yourselves.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back