Weather Report..................

Beautiful sunny day in Blackpool, and I got my tram ride ?

View attachment 44593

We love Blackpool Bill the last we were there the hotel owner was telling us that they are trying to clean it up on the front and also telling the shop owners to paint and clean it up or they will do it and send them the bill!

We love Blackpool Bill the last we were there the hotel owner was telling us that they are trying to clean it up on the front and also telling the shop owners to paint and clean it up or they will do it and send them the bill!

There’s certainly a lot of work going on there to smarten things up. There’s nowhere else like it. Definitely my favourite place. It’s another sunny morning here today, but moving on to Chester where temperatures will also be in the 20s. ☀️☀️☀️

rather overcast start to the day......sun coming out now....however...think things wont be as bright and warm as yeaterday
thought i might get ice cream today......but will leave it for another sunnier waarmer day......

The sun is shining here today at Eyemouth and the sea looks lovely and it’s forecast to be sun all over the weekend trixie I hope you get your ice cream ?

We had a much warmer start to the day in the Netherlands.
So we've moved down into Belgium under a glorious blue sky.
It's about 20°C right now and tonight we'll be wild camping here in the woods to the south east of Brussels:

WP_20190418_13_41_52_Rich.jpg

Colin ???

Humdinger of a party, in the village greasy spoon caff, last night and it rained gently, throughout . Put only about 300 litres in the cisterns.
Today's forecast was for sunny intervals and light showers.
We planned to walk back from the village, after saying goodbye to our relatives. While we were settling the bill, a dramatic thunderstorm whooshed in. We congratulated ourselves in remembering to take umbrellas.
We were marooned in the bar for 40 minutes, until the eye of the storm passing on.
Half way home, it turned into a massive hailstorm.. We've only seen one of these, in the last 20 winters here.
We arrived home soaked through., our lane awash. At least the cisterns are full .. So will the reservoirs and aquifers.
And it freshened up my cobwebs from last night's champagne.

WP_20190417_21_44_39_Pro.jpgWP_20190418_13_15_02_Pro.jpgWP_20190418_13_16_12_Pro.jpg

Beautiful sunny day in Blackpool, and I got my tram ride ?

View attachment 44593

Just before my Dad went into hospital I took him out for lunch at the excellent Cartford Inn at Eccleston. On the way back we took a diversion to drive the length of the prom from Fleetwood to Lytham. I was disappointed to see none of the old fashioned trams but only the modern ones. I see from your piccie that there is an old one around. Are they still running?
Tony

Just before my Dad went into hospital I took him out for lunch at the excellent Cartford Inn at Eccleston. On the way back we took a diversion to drive the length of the prom from Fleetwood to Lytham. I was disappointed to see none of the old fashioned trams but only the modern ones. I see from your piccie that there is an old one around. Are they still running?
Tony

Yes, they’re still around. Yesterday there was the one in the picture and also an open one doing trips from Pleasure Beach to the Tower for £3.50 return. There are several others in the fleet LINK
A great bargain for anyone visiting the town is a £5.50 day ticket covering all the modern trams and the buses.

Just like yesterday morning...
Blue skies, 22 degrees.
This morning, were serenaded by the first Nightingale. The Golden Orioles are giving us their full , " Anybody there ? ", song A Hoopoe joined in, then flew over us, at the breakfast table.. Beautiful to see.
No breeze and no traffic, it being Good Friday.
The weather forecast, is similar to.this time yesterday... Slightly heavier showers expected,all afternoon.
Bearing in mind what we actually got yesterday.... We're worried.
Looking ominously cloudy at the coast , 7 miles south.

Did you overnight on the Little Roodie, Bill ? Pricy? Busy ?
The rain came when we were indoors, on WhatsApp.
Crept in quietly, while we were involved with the family.
The first we realised, was when we heard splashing noises from the kitchen and realised that we'd left the Veluxes fully open.
Imagine our language on discovering that we'd done the same with the one over our bed..
Mild thunderstorm at present.. Won't disturb Management... She's on these shingles pills.

Did you overnight on the Little Roodie, Bill ? Pricy? Busy ?
The rain came when we were indoors, on WhatsApp.
Crept in quietly, while we were involved with the family.
The first we realised, was when we heard splashing noises from the kitchen and realised that we'd left the Veluxes fully open.
Imagine our language on discovering that we'd done the same with the one over our bed..
Mild thunderstorm at present.. Won't disturb Management... She's on these shingles pills.

Not the Little Roodie, we’re at the Motorhomer meet at Camperfest on the racecourse Link

Back