Weather Report..................

suns been up since early morning....bight and warm..............now it is a bit different..........only popping its head out now and again from the clouds....still nice and warm tho............n.yorks........may get to sit out in the garden for a while today........get the genuine vit.d......

It was brilliant sunshine earlier this morning but now it’s changing it is forecast for heavy showers today I hope it keeps off until the d/I/l’s washing gets dry!..there isa bit wind!

Yesterday turned out bright and sunny all day and the same forecast today as we meander near York. The railway museum was amazing.

View attachment 45918View attachment 45919View attachment 45920View attachment 45921View attachment 45922
On your way back, Bill, visit the Shildon Railway Museum, near Durham.. We did, last year. The Flying Scotsman is based there, you might be lucky enough to see it in steam.. We did.
Park overnight in the large overflow carpark, in the town centre , by the co-op, as advised by the museum staff.
You MUST have breakfast in the nearby cafe.. What an experience !You won't need lunch.
Weather..?
Pleasant, some clouds, 26 degrees, gentle breezes

On your way back, Bill, visit the Shildon Railway Museum, near Durham.. We did, last year. The Flying Scotsman is based there, you might be lucky enough to see it in steam.. We did.
Park overnight in the large overflow carpark, in the town centre , by the co-op, as advised by the museum staff.
You MUST have breakfast in the nearby cafe.. What an experience !You won't need lunch.
Weather..?
Pleasant, some clouds, 26 degrees, gentle breezes

Many thanks for the tip. We plan to do that one on the way back from our July trip South, the car park sounds great.
Wonderful day here with mostly blue sky and a few fluffy clouds.

43E24428-31B2-4D45-AF41-2E896741B39C.jpeg

A lovely day in Hertfordshire. So..............
................I went for a bike ride along the converted railway line aka National Cycle Route 6 but turned around before I got to Keswick (the route's end point).
In fact I turned here:

WP_20190522_10_30_51_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20190522_10_31_23_Pro (2).jpg

Eric was a local man and supporter of Luton football club (amongst other things), Luton Hoo estate mentioned above is directly behind Capability and the Sea Scouts have a base adjacent to the lake within the estate.
It's a lovely spot to sit and ponder one's blessings.

Colin ???

Last edited:
Another warm, breezy, ( good job, too ), day.
Clear skies.
The parasol is getting a good lot of use.
Management is having a siesta, Under management is flying back to Blighty for a few days.
I'm enjoying a bit of peace and quiet.

Back