Weather Report..................

morning...just looking at your pics of vehicle transporter......do you have any pics of it showing your van when its fully loaded on the top shelf............................hope the driver remembers the height if he has to negotiate going under a bridge....
Oh yes, Trixie..We have photos.
Luckily, its on the lowest part of the huge articulated trailer.
Brian, the trucker, was charming, professional and in no hurry.
Another breezy, clear blue sky, day.
We're under the parasol on the terrace.
We only go indoors to use the bathroom, kitchen and bedroom.

31 here in Athens. Will report back later about Santorini. I expect it to be a little cooler with the sea breeze.

Not a single motorhome spotted, only a couple of campers and 1 was a T2.

I suspect anyone needing parts for old vehicles might want to check Greek eBay if they is such a thing. They run some old vehicles here. I lost count of the number of ford Orion and Vauxhall Belmont’s still on the road out here.

Garth - we are both doing fine.

Jon

Oh yes, Trixie..We have photos.
Luckily, its on the lowest part of the huge articulated trailer.
Brian, the trucker, was charming, professional and in no hurry.
Another breezy, clear blue sky, day.
We're under the parasol on the terrace.
We only go indoors to use the bathroom, kitchen and bedroom.
hmmm im confused now......doesnt take much...........looks as tho hes loading it on to the top shelf..........or did he change his mind.............i thought wow,,,if thats going on top shelf,,,,it could be a bit tipsy loaded.

They need to load onto the top deck as there is not enough height for the van to go on the bottom and fit under the top deck.
But the top deck will not be raised.
It will just be levelled after the van is loaded
Exactly, it actually dropped lower as the front end was levelled..
To use a Yorkshire phrase, it was sat as happy as a turd on a shovel.

Overcast and again warm even though there’s no sunshine and it’s a fine drizzle..allegedly it’s supposed to get hot at the weekend...somehow I think that’ll be down sarf!! ?

A lovely night out at Celeste's.. Last time there, for the Golden Wedding do.
Jenny walked ¼ mile there, same back. Superb food, small group of friends.
Now sitting on the terrace, drinking fresh lemonade, listening to Strauss piano concerto. Crickets and Frogs, harmonising.
Mustn't complain .
Goodnight all

The start to today is well-deserved by those in Hertfordshire who rise sufficiently early to observe it:

WP_20190601_04_34_34_Pro (2).jpg

It's as warm as it is beautiful.
So I'll pop over to the Thames estuary for a bike ride along the waters edge.

Colin ???

Back