Weather Report..................

Sorry, despite many attempts the motorhome has not found despite many checks on foot and bus. Weather allegedly 23 degrees, but feels somewhat warmer.

Brother reports that current sausages not missing us whilst in home boarding. Cannot decide whether this is a good thing or green light for further adventures without them.

I must admit that on more than one occasion (whilst not under the influence) i have said to current wife, “when we get back to the van....” when actually the van is many, many miles away. doesn’t help when chavbook reminds us of the fabulous locations we were in previous years.

Opps

Jon

I’m in my last 24hrs in Santorini.

To be honest, (if you didn’t guess) we r without motorhome. Brother wanted me to attend his wedding in Zante and begrudgingly we have attended. We could have explored so much more for the money (time poor until we retire). Because of the motorhome we now fully (!) explore an area in 3 days and want to move on. 5 days in Zante nearly killed us and there isn’t much on Santorini. Scara Bray, Stonehenge and Athens saw to that.

1 day scooter or car hire and the local buses at €1.80 per journey can save hundreds on so called tours.

I will also add that temp aside, home isles and close Europe has so much to offer.

I said to Pam earlier, do you think we’ll look back in a year and say that was great. I’m yet to be convinced.

For example, Zante - Drive a boat onto the beach and get tourists to the scene. Isn’t Orkney full of them from truly historical reasons.

I really should audition for grumpy old men and i’m not yet 50.

Jon

woa.....where is everyone this morn............usually a few weather report on here by now............you all suffering from yesterday sunstroke.

well,,,,,,,few spots of rain every now and again.....overcast...... drop in temperature......may get showers of rain later in the day...........thats probably put paid to a good few hours of getting my garden sorted.......elec....mower, strimmer etc.....huh

This morning it was grey though dry in Herts and a few degrees down on the past couple of days.
So I pegged some washing out in the garden to encourage some much needed precipitation.
Which duly arrived just as I put the final peg in position.
How's that for planning?

Colin ???

It was dry on the drive up from Uttoxeter, but now we’ve arrived in Blackpool it’s started to rain. ☔☔☔
What a combination.. Blackpool and you two.... 100% guaranteed to rain.
I'll ask the Mayor if he'll finance a trip here for you, in September.. Your skills would be in great demand.

A chilly 16 degrees at 6.30... I'm told.
Gentle NW breezes keeping temperatures to mid 20s.
That'll do nicely.
We're thinking about the aire at Hermanville Sur Mer, beside the cemetery, where over a thousand young men, killed on nearby Sword Beach on D day, are buried.

Devon is waking to W2W sunshine :cool:

I see what you did with the order of the symbols there, Chris.
Like you, I'm thinking of those who gave so much.
I'll be crossing the water tomorrow and will, as always as I pass through northern France, be visiting a cemetery to pay my respects and moisten my cheeks.

Colin ???

Back