Weather Report..................

I see what you did with the order of the symbols there, Chris.
Like you, I'm thinking of those who gave so much.
I'll be crossing the water tomorrow and will, as always as I pass through northern France, be visiting a cemetery to pay my respects and moisten my cheeks.

Colin ???

Reading the plaques in Arromanches chokes me - they say men, but they were only boys, the same age as my grandson

Reading the plaques in Arromanches chokes me - they say men, but they were only boys, the same age as my grandson

Absolutely, Chris.
Annie and I paid our respects at two memorials on our way back through northern France after the Netherlands meet. I find the visits heartbreaking but essential.
My Dad survived D-day but in the process saw so much that a young man shouldn't see. Like so many others he suffered in silence for pretty much the rest of his life and only ever spoke to me about his awful experiences on a couple of occasions.
We are so lucky that the previous generation were so unbelievably generous in order that we have a future worth having.
It's because of the apparent inability of individual nations to coexist in peace that I totally support the coming together of countries in economic and political units.
Our current problems with the European 'project' does not bode well in my view.
There's far too much weight given to and time wasted on the low level issues.
Would anyone seriously consider England splitting up into it's original Kingdoms? Or the USA into it's states?

Oops! This is the weather thread.
Sorry about that.

It's warm and bright in Herts.

Colin ???

Looking like a good one.
Management decided to put the full summer bedding on, last week.
The forecast was for lows of 14, overnight.. And we got it.
16 degrees at sun-up and 26 max expected by 1600.
Complete blue skies and gentle breezes...
Mustn't grumble.

A lovely start to the day in Hertfordshire but a couple of showers tested the patience of the locals by late morning.
So I've popped down to Kent where the weather situation, amongst other things, is somewhat more interesting:
IMG_20190606_141749__01.jpg

Colin ???

irs been a bootiful day....sunshine warmth Mmmmmm nice.
was going to take the van out and have a picnic somewhere....and do a bit of painting inside of it........however......it wouldnt start....just a grrrrring sound........put battery charger on........said battery flat.......ohhhh.....was driven down here saturday from further north..so the run should have charged up batteries.....

something must be draining it........rain stopped play about an hour ago so had to unplug charger.......if it doest start tomorrow morning...it will have to go to garage.
sh suns back out now. dark clouds and rain have blown over.

Cool, cloudy and windy, this afternoon..
We had to dine indoors.. A first for well over a month .
Sad news, I posted the van's V5 off today.
Better news... The payment arrived in our account last night.
When I checked, after pouring champagnes all round.. It was £1000 short. A quick email was sent, pointing out the mistake..
By 9am, the balance was in our account...
Even the best organised business makes the odd silly mistake... I'm sure they would have told me, if they had found it before I did....
Perhaps.

The cruise across La Manche was tranquil on a silvery sea. Then we pottered down to La Baie de la Somme for a late lunch whilst looking out across the marsh.
The poppies put on a most appropriate display under a beautiful sky:

IMG_20190606_203836-01.jpeg

Colin ???

Back