Weather Report..................

Another sunny day here today hope you have a good trip out trixie
thanks jeanette....just popped down to a friends for coffee....and then did a few errands which have needed doing for a couple of weeks now........glorious sunshine.......not too hot.....thankfully......
fancy goind to duncombe park steam.traction engine rally beginning of july...however, we shall have to see how things are on the day..........or should i say at the beginning of the weekend...thurs. till mon morning.....

At about 30°C we left the lovely free aire at Trèves-Cunault and pottered along the south bank of the Loire towards Saumur, stopping en route for some fizzy stuff at my favourite Loire Vintner:

IMG_20190627_110033.jpg

......and at an Artisan Bouleangerie recommended by Campervanannie:

IMG_20190627_104213.jpg

IMG_20190627_104248.jpg

The poppies were out in force under the baking hot sun:

IMG_20190627_123807.jpg

And later we lunched overlooking Chateau d'Ussé:

IMG_20190627_132703.jpg

It's getting hotter and the breeze weaker alongside the Indre.

Colin ???

The temperature continued to climb as we pottered up the Indre (a tributary of the Loire) and now here at Azzay-le-Rideau it's about 40°C in the shade on the municipal campsite.
Now I have to face the gruelling 400 metre walk to a rather nice restaurant not far from the incredibly beautiful Chateau Azzay-le-Rideau.
Just so you can appreciate how commited I am to this task and just how much discomfort I'll be experiencing, note the extremes I'll have to contend with:

Screenshot_20190627-202136.jpg

We're in the tiny purple blob near the 'F' in France.

Colin ???

Yeah .. Bu99er innit.
Just back from a birthday party night, outside the local greasy spoon. Just 10 of us.. Simple traditional food and wine and brandy and Portuguese champagne.
All long term friends, who have tolerated is driving into and out of their lives for the past 15 years.
It feels so comfortable, we're so happy.
Weather..?
22' mitigated by a gentle breeze.
Hotter tomorrow.. We're on airport duty tomorrow, saying goodbye to our daughter.

Off to Moffat for the car show today, should be at least 25 degrees later. Unfortunately on the main day, Sunday, just 16 degrees forecast with lots of wind and heavy rain ?
Never mind we’re escaping South to Norfolk on Tuesday and there should be no rain there in the foreseeable future.

Oh yes, its a warm one.
Very gentle breezes, from all points of the compass over the day.
The laundry is drying at one end of the line, while Jenny is pegging out at the other end. The washing machine is on it's 4th load.
Samuel arrived with 10 weeks supply of lovely sweet, fresh water, last night.
We had " Hotel " showers , before he got here... Luxury !
Fiesta tonight, in the village square..
Big siesta for Jenny, beforehand.

we have the sun shining brightly, so it is.......also bringing the HEAT with it........never satisfied.....i prefer it just nice and warm........it just drains me when its too hot.......Hmmm
all enjoy your day....and careful if on the roads

Back