Weather Report..................

After an evening, star gazing and the womenfolk nattering, we turned in at midnight. " No need to tidy the patio cushions away, no rain forecast ", was the decision.
I was woken by the gentle patter of raindrops at 7 ish . Everything soaked..
Low clouds and gentle, sneaky drizzle.
We were talking about BBQ spare ribs tonight .. Always dangerous.WP_20190626_08_12_15_Pro.jpg

Lovely day again, temperatures climbing and should be high 20s by Friday.
Careful, Bill, Someone might suspect the slightest hint of smugness, creeping in ...?
Not me, or course.
Just as I got into the shower, the rain rattled down onto the bathroom Velux.. 5 minutes later, I was satisfied that the roof would be cleaned off enough.
I scuttled outside, in my birthday suit and connected up the cistern feed.
Immediately the rain stopped.
We left to go to the big town , under murky grey clouds, returning after lunch.
Not a drop had been collected.. Everything was as dry as an undertaker's cough..!
We have lasted for 9 months just collecting rainfall.
I have,reluctantly phoned Sr. Samuel to bring us 5000 litres up, by tractor, Friday.
It's certainly going to pour down very soon afterwards... Guaranteed!

You and Jane take care out there the temperature is set to blow the thermometers plenty of sun cream and head gear to stop your brains from frying ????

Yep, it's 40°C right now here on the aire at Trèves-Cunault, just to the west of Saumur. I hope you remember this one Annie - it's just along the Loire from Ackerman Vintner's where we bought some wine. Room for more than fifty mohos on the grass overlooking La Loire and I think you and I shared it with one other? This evening there's 5 mohos in total. And somewhat warmer than when we were here in April/May!
Colin ???

It's just before 0900 local time (0800 UK time) and about 26°C right now here on the free aire by the Loire at Trèves-Cunault, just to the west of Saumur.
So I'll sit in the sun while that's still an option and have a nice cup of tea:

IMG_20190627_084854.jpg

Colin ???

Back