Weather Report..................

So have we , 2 washer loads... trying to use up water
.. Lovely breezes have finished off one the parasols.. Nothing lasts, these days.. We'd only had it 15 years.
I'm about to empty and clean out the big cistern .
I Hope Samuel, the water bringer, remembers to come, this evening.
He didn't.. you could eat of the cistern floor.. luckily, we've 26 litres of bottled water.. 750 in the rainwater tank, to flush the loo..
But nothing to feed the shower .
Our armpits might not be charmpits, on the plane, Monday ..Its a beautiful , 28 degrees evening, gentle breezes and a cracking bottle of Setubal red , 15% ABV.. a fruit basket in a bottle , consigned to history.
Mustn't grumble.

60mm of rain here at Shap last night and it’s still deluging and very windy. Usually it’s in the Winter that I’m glad to only have internal blinds, but removing externals this morning would be virtually impossible and certainly very unpleasant.
If we can get to the motorway we plan to head for breezy Blackpool this morning.
???????????

60mm of rain here at Shap last night and it’s still deluging and very windy. Usually it’s in the Winter that I’m glad to only have internal blinds, but removing externals this morning would be virtually impossible and certainly very unpleasant.
If we can get to the motorway we plan to head for breezy Blackpool this morning.
???????????
Blackpool.. ? Is this wise Bill . The Sin City if Lancashire..
At least you'll have a clean van..!
22 degrees at 7.30.. lovely cool breezes, all night.. 32 in the shade now.

It rained on and off until about 2130 last evening though it's been dry overnight.
This morning it's breezy but the air flow really doesn't seem as fierce as the 75km per hour winds everyone is advertising on the webnet.
So I'll go for a ride around the lanes on the Brompton bike to try the new tyres and inner tubes.
And bring back a load of shopping.

Those of you in less benign conditions please take care!

Colin :):):)

Well all I am going to say because I don't want to upset any of you where I live its only 38 degs today:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's a tough life, Ken .. but somebody has to hack it..
We have this benevolent NE breeze, blowing over from Granada...keeping temperatures reasonable, in the shade, but like most Spanish things, coming over too strong, from time to time..
It's already demolished one parasol, and the other is threatening to do a Mary Poppins..!
We fly into Manchester , Monday and expect a wet 18 degrees, all week.
Looks like I'll be spending a fair amount of time in Wetherspoons .

The weather was playing with me earlier this morning.
As soon as I got out and about on the Brompton, the Hertfordshire wind strengthened and blew me all over the place. Putting a positive spin on it, I certainly got my heart rate up pushing into the wind. I peddled along some old converted railway tracks which have lots of tall, well established trees flanking the former track.
I'm SO glad that I had my cycle helmet on - twice some sizeable lumps of tree fell down on me. A 5cm diameter broken branch falling from 10m would have done me some severe damage without a helmet!
This afternoon we've had some pretty torrential downpours.
So I've started looking at maps of Le Continent.

Colin ???

Back