Weather Report..................

I'm back online after undergoing the curse the 3 network failure..
Just when I'd planned a busy day, as the forecast was gloomy Arranging trains, flight check
-Ins, hotels and the banking to be sorted..
It took me about an hour before I twigged that it was a system fault.. Having taken the phone high up the hill.
We still managed breakfast and lunch outside, but it cooled down by dusk.
Today has come in damp, humid and 100% cloudy.
Little drizzle throughout the next two days.
Mustn't grumble..
I won't need the Smugometer.

It's a lovely sunny day here in west Wales.

I think summer has eventually arrived...

Graham
smile.gif

Normal service resumed: it's been chucking down since Wednesday!

Rhod Gilbert has some great observations on rain in Wales. To paraphrase" 40 days and 40 nights it rained: that's still the best summer on record! We had a hosepipe ban that year..."

There's a bit on here too...funny man:

Graham
smile.gif

It's all change here
We thought we were going to get a thunderstorm, but the wind picked up, changed direction and the sunshine arrived.
Great news, we are walking into the village, this evening for a meal at the ,"not as ",greasy spoon.. Traditional Algarve Nosh and no concessions made to us foreigners.
Bacalhao, ( salt cod, baked in a creamy sauce ) , something wonderful and surprising with pork in the oven. .. The lady cook , Natasia, does it differently every time .
Rain, proper rain, due tomorrow...
Hopefully.

Had 2 full days of heavy rain down in Peso da Regua so moved back up to Salamanca and 24 degree sunshine,gonna get cold here according to the forecast so were chasing the sun and moving on to Valencia today.

That's quite a drive, for someone who's supposed to be on holiday..
Take it easy.

Just us two, 6 zapped hornets and a love-starved Cicada, on the terrace. ..24 degrees. Clear skies. Full stomachs and the News Quiz on radio 4. .
Perhaps a noggin of Lidl single malt will complete the night... 9.99 € well invested.
Goodnight all..
Make that 8 hornets.. Management Is lethal, tonight.

Thanks
Pleased you liked photos Paul.
Just had one minute of rain and now sun out again, but we do have rain forecast for late afternoon / early evening here at Isla Cristina only about one hr away from you
Think weather could do anything except snow today
Still good temps and 25 forecast
One good thing is, I can buy Rioja here to compensate if weather turns
We got the same dollop of rain at 0634.. by O637 it was gone.
Wind freshening to the South, has blown the purple sunrise clouds to the north. They'll probably dump their rain in the hills.
Forecast for a damp evening.
If you get fed up of drinking that Spanish red biddy, , Graham, do what the locals do... Drink a chilly schooner of La Gitana dry Fino Sherry....
We can't get that, here, either.

Hertfordshire is sitting here with a gurt great smile on it's face under a brilliant blue sky.
It's rapidly warming from an overnight low of about 8 degC to something a lot lower than one would find on the Iberian peninsular.
But this is where I am so this is where I'll go for a bike ride.

Colin :):):)

Last edited:
Back