Weather Report..................

It's grey, still, mild and dry in Herts.
The Autumn weather this year has resulted in an amazing display of fungii locally.
So this morning I had a Shaggy Parasol mushroom for breafast:

IMG_20191015_124332.jpg

IMG_20191017_141846.jpg

IMG_20191017_123828.jpg

IMG_20191017_124403.jpg

It looks as though I'll be eating quite a few more over the coming days. And then the Shaggy Inkcaps will be towering above their surroundings and demanding to be eaten.
I can't wait!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Had to put the heating on at 11pm, last night and remember to set the timer for 6 am today
9' at sunup.
15' at 11, watery sun breaking through.

out here, Winter,is classed as any temperature below 16.
Just before the sun began to reach the outside thermometer, I dashed to make a brew of coffee...
It is custom and practice to have a slug of brandy in one's coffee.. Preventative medicine.
I'm sipping it now..

BRRRRRR...... big drop in temp this morning........stayed under the duvet until 10.30am...loverly juberly........
reluctantly relented and put the central heating on for an hour..........just took the almighty chill away........its not even winter yet............ooooooohhhhh..........
daughter was outside till about 2am this morning....along with her neighbour wrapped in blankets and sleeping bag
catching sighting of the meteourites.(spelling) in the night sky..........mad if you ask me..........

Just arrived at Pamplona, lashed it down all the way here, very cold messing about trying to get refillable gas to work, both soaked and freezing. It took 2 attendants to work it out in the end. Too cold and late to go out tonight hopefull for better weather tomorrow although forecast says not.

Had to put the heating on at 11pm, last night and remember to set the timer for 6 am today
9' at sunup.
15' at 11, watery sun breaking through.

out here, Winter,is classed as any temperature below 16.
Just before the sun began to reach the outside thermometer, I dashed to make a brew of coffee...
It is custom and practice to have a slug of brandy in one's coffee.. Preventative medicine.
I'm sipping it now..
Full automated here,drop to 20.5 and it comes on,winter or summer,think you have old school heating from about 40 years back. ;)

Cold start this morn in Huelva and put van heating on
Visited the Columbus museum and put a fleece on for first time since last spring. Was sunny but cold out of sun
Left Huelva in 20 deg and arrived at Sanlucar do Barrameda at 14 deg and had some rain
Autumn has arrived
You did well to move, Graham .
We were due a couple of hours of gentle rain, late afternoon. The wind s having suddenly changed direction.
In came the clouds, heralded by an impressive thunderclap. It missed us completely.
We could see the hills behind us getting some rain and the coast got a downpour. It moved off east, along the coast.
What's the parking situation like in Sanlucar.. Water, drain ?
We had many good times there. And the odd Fino Sherry.
I'm jealous again.

Full automated here,drop to 20.5 and it comes on,winter or summer,think you have old school heating from about 40 years back. ;)
Yes I remember them .
Here, we use the heating so rarely, that we just have oil- filled Dimplexes and simple plug-in timers.
It's 12 degrees outside . We're using just one 1.5 Kw heater.
The bedroom will come on soon.
Management broke out the lightest winter duvet, this morning . I'll probably kick it off.
Might have to use the bathroom fan heater, in the morning.. I'll wake her up to turn it on, half an hour before we get up..
I'd rather be poor and warm, than rich and cold.

Yesterday we had a lovely end to the day in Hertfordshire:

IMG_20191022_181322.jpg

This morning it's bright but overcast with dry, still air of about 7°C surrounding us.
So it's a bike ride around the lanes with a stopover in St Albans and a wander around the large, traditional market to be found there.
Oh, and possibly a fungus hunt on my return.
And all because I'm a fun guy.

Did you see what I did there?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back