Weather Report..................

The rain has arrived. Nice timing. I'd just emptied one cistern
. I've been dancing around outside in it connecting up .Lovely fresh water.
600 litres an hour gurgling in
The olive crop has been saved .. The neighbours were getting worried.
I'll have to get my ladders out, for picking, in a week's time

Decided to stay in Madrid and have had a faboulous time, 3 tacos each and a quasiddila between us with a margarita drink came to 17 euros, it rained heavily for a while but we didnt care, had a marvelous time drinking and jiglgling to music we could never understand if we tried.

We've plenty of blue up above us in Hertfordshire.
So I'm going to fire up the Moho and pop over to the National Trust Ashridge Estate in the Chilterns so that we can have a tramp through the woods.
It's been a while since the Moho had some excercise and I'm looking forward to it!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

QUOTE="Val54, post: 151162, member: 54"]
Here is a 48 hour Cheshire catch up ............... ☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔️ and the forecast was for dry, what do they know 😂
[/QU
Keep it up Dave
Make sure it's all used up before we arrive ..!
The expected deluge didn't happen.
We did get 2 weeks supply of water and don't need to irrigate for a couple of days
24 degrees, broken cloud,
Ideal for gardening.
We were able to break up the surface, but, 2 inches below, the soil is like concrete .

It's raining in Hertfordshire right now......
........so please bear with me whilst I update you on yesterday afternoon.
We meandered our way along the shallow valleys of the Chilterns, into the nearest corner of Buckinghamshire and then up onto the Chilterns to the National Trust Ashridge Estate. It's a lovely spot though the world and his brother had decided to join us there. The estate covers about 5000 acres so it wasn't difficult to find solitude. We wandered along one of the 'rides' to Ashridge Hult (formerly the impressive house of the Bridgewater's, one of whom was the instigator and developer of Britain's waterway system and now , amongst other things, a Business Management School) then back to the Bridgewater Monument. The design of this monolith was not approved of by the wife of the then Duke so it was built some distance from the main house. Which is good news since from it's location can be seen the outline of London just 23 miles to the south.
It's worth the 172 steps up and down just to see the estate from aloft:

IMG_20191020_145310.jpg

..... London in the distance:

IMG_20191020_144916.jpg

.....and the Aberdeen granite Monument up close and personal:

IMG_20191020_145705.jpg

IMG_20191020_145632.jpg

Then, as expected, someone needed refreshment after all the tramping and climbing:

IMG_20191020_154623.jpg

The fallow deer are about to start their rut so a return visit in the near future is highly likely!

........and it's still raining right now in Hertfordshire.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back