Weather Report..................

Despite the poor weather forecast I decided to push my luck and so pedalled around the Herts lanes and tracks this morning.
It was actually most enjoyable and the rain held off until I returned home a couple of hours later.
There are several lanes and roads locally with interesting names, one of which I cycled along earlier:

IMG_20191025_113915.jpg

This one may be everlasting in the chronological sense but it's only about 300 metres long.
So what interesting names do the 'ways have in your area?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Despite the poor weather forecast I decided to push my luck and so pedalled around the Herts lanes and tracks this morning.
It was actually most enjoyable and the rain held off until I returned home a couple of hours later.
There are several lanes and roads locally with interesting names, one of which I cycled along earlier:

View attachment 50850

This one may be everlasting in the chronological sense but it's only about 300 metres long.
So what interesting names do the 'ways have in your area?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
Lincolnshire has ... Fanny Hands Lane..
I Imagine that the weather is pretty gloomy down there.
Not here though

Back in Bilbao for the last day of the holiday, spent the day on the beach at Gexto 28 degrees, now off for one last party in Bilbao then on to Santander for the ferry back home tomorrow.

Solar powered so we have illuminated flamingos at night. The only real ones I’ve seen here are in the nearby zoo, but I did see some pelicans earlier in the week.
Don't get me going about flaming Pelicans...!
On a hot beach in Cyprus, I got bored and took off on a para ascent from a speedboat. When I returned, a crowd had formed around my towel.
A large Pelican was esconced upon it. I was exhausted and just wanted to lie down.
Eventually the crowd moved on , the Pelican wandered off and left me a large pile of fishy smelling Turds , slap bang in the middle of my towel.
Lovely evening after a busy afternoon testing the sunlounger..
As the sun went down, spectacularly, we toasted it's passing with the juice of fresh figs soused in locally distilled fig liquor...
Not needing the heating , tonight.

Back