Weather Report..................

It was dry, grey and about 7°C this morning. So I set off on the Brompton in a north-westerly direction with the intention of cycling up to Dunstable Downs. As I progressed the wind built until, on arrival at the National Trust centre, it was quite gusty. The view down and across Bedfordshire from the futuristic ventilation inlet for the Trust building was pretty dismal:

IMG_20200107_122726.jpg

....so I had a banana and a drink then set off on the return journey.
I suspect that I was the last high-sided Brompton allowed down the back slope of the Downs today.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

It’s been blowing a hoolie all day and cold also tonight it’s still cold 🥶 and still blowing a hoolie with clear skies

Much colder this morning at 5 degrees, though the wind has abated. Showers expected through the day. 🌂☔🌂
I got my new weather station yesterday to replace the one which had died due to the external sensor being subjected to the local weather for a few years. I now have a sensor in the van so can check that the temperature remains above about 5 degrees and eliminate any chance of frost damage in case draining down missed anything. It’s 11 degrees in there at the moment.

It's light grey above Hertfordshire right now with less than 10% chance of rain whilst light.
There's virtually still air - so I'll be popping out around the lanes to see if I can see more of the catkins I saw yesterday.
I just love observing Nature stir after her winter nap.

Colin :):):)

It's light grey above Hertfordshire right now with less than 10% chance of rain whilst light.
There's virtually still air - so I'll be popping out around the lanes to see if I can see more of the catkins I saw yesterday.
I just love observing Nature stir after her winter nap.

Lots of catkins and gorse in flower along the N Devon link road - same weather in Barnstaple as we have in Mid Devon

Lovely lady dentist taught me the Spanish for.." Root Canal "
I taught her the English for .." Not on your Nellie "
We both know the term for " Temporary repair.. "
Lovely day for mooching around the Old Town. Stopping for drinks and tapas in the sunshine.. Cool 13 in the shade.
We've been given a ridiculous discount to stay another 4 days.

..................Lovely lady dentist taught me the Spanish for.." Root Canal "
I taught her the English for .." Not on your Nellie "
We both know the term for " Temporary repair.. "...................

😂😂😂

Mild, calm evening. 12 degrees.
Very pleasant walk back from a nearby restaurant.
Management is getting restless and wants to explore one of the famous, " White towns.. Medina Sidonia.. Anyone know it ?
So that's tomorrow organised.

Medina Sidonia was beautiful. A 3000 year old fortified hilltop, 20 miles inland, north of Cadiz.. Motorhome friendly, we believe.
1000 feet above sea level, makes it very pleasant over the summer.
I think we're must have climbed every single foot of that, to get up the narrow lanes to the top.
15 degrees and Hazy sunshine was ideal for us .IMG_20200109_134108.jpgIMG_20200109_124500.jpg

It was a gorgeous, sunny start to the day here in Hertfordshire.
So I decided to crack on with making a new rear rack for the Brompton (a rack on the rear of the Brompton, not on the rear of the Moho!) and postpone a bike ride to this afternoon.
I got absorbed in the practical and lost track of time - which the weather Gods noted.
At 1500 I looked up to see heavy rain had started.

That'll teach me.

Back