Weather Report..................

The air warmed up a treat during the day. The cloud disappeared leaving blueness, the breeze progressively faded to stillness and the countryside looked it's absolute best.
So I got out another paraffin stove:

IMG_20200414_154708.jpg

......and cooked some mushrooms for tomorrow's mushroom salad.
This stove is an Optimus 111. It's about 70 years old but, unlike me, has been suitably rejuvenated.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

An absolutely wonderful start to the day here in Hertfordshire. It's sunny, rapidly becoming warm after the early frost, and the air is still.
It's going to be a glorious summer's day - and quite rightly, too.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Classic thunderstorm, followed by a small but interesting earthquake, last night.

Rainy squalls this morning.

Looking like I won't be needing the Speedos or the G&T for a while.

The weather really isn't bad at all in Hertfordshire this morning with the initial frost now long behind us, the temperature rapidly climbing and three wash loads drying nicely out in the fresh air.
I sense that the social lockdown is beginning to dampen the spirits a little so I thought that this morning I'd set a little challenge to lighten the mood of our weather watchers. It's called 'Spot The Hertfordshire Cloud' :

IMG_20200415_092730.jpg

If it's any consolation, I failed too.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Only 6 degrees so far but the sky looks very similar to Hertfordshire. ☀☀☀
Quite the opposite here.
Cold,
Squally showers queueing up to soak us... Cisterns overflowing.
Good day for a lockdown.

I wonder if Dyson , McLaren and Mercedes Benz could start producing smug filters.. There could be a big demand for them.

Quite the opposite here.
Cold,
Squally showers queueing up to soak us.
I wonder if Dyson , McLaren and Mercedes Benz could start producing smug filters.. There could be a big demand for them......

...........in the UK.
For a change.

I really feel for you, Paul. And I'm confident that others do too.
On the other hand..........

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back