Weather Report..................

At the moment it's 11°C with pretty much still air in Herts. But, oh dear, rain is forecast for late this afternoon.
Far be it for me to cast aspersions on any fellow European weather watchers but I'd like to point out to those in the UK that the predicted wetness has travelled to us from Portugal. Post #10,462 was clearly a mistake on my part.
So it's statutory exercise on the Brompton this morning and some indoor activity on my return.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
At the moment it's 11°C with pretty much still air in Herts. But, oh dear, rain is forecast for late this afternoon.
Far be it for me to cast aspersions on any fellow European weather watchers but I'd like to point out to those in the UK that the predicted wetness has travelled to us from Portugal. Post #10,462 was clearly a mistake on my part.
So it's statutory exercise on the Brompton this morning and some indoor activity on my return.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Still air? I got that wrong!
As soon as I set off in an easterly direction the breeze kicked in and it became a labour of love to make decent progress.
Still, Mother Nature did her best to cheer me up:

IMG_20200417_101158.jpg

This is part of the woodland by St Peter's Old Churchyard. It's about 1km from St Peter's Church and, not surprisingly, at Ayot St Peter.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Gusty, wet night, not much better, this morning..
All cisterns overflowing.
It gave us great pleasure to have long, luxurious " Hotel Showers", this morning
Improved by lunchtime, enough to enjoy a salad and G&T on the terrace, for lunch.
Winds all over the clock, so it's a lottery.

The rain started late yesterday afternoon here in Hertfordshire and continued on and off until about 30 minutes ago.
The gardeners are delighted and I really don't mind because I was sleeping through a large part of it all.
The high pressure currently building and forecast to settle over Scandinavia means that, as Dave mentions, we're due to have some wonderful weather for most of the coming week.
I hope that those living on the Iberian Peninsula have equally good weather ahead of them in the coming week.
No, really.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

0nly 12 degrees this morning.
Cloudy, but fair, (But enough about me )
Some rain expected, about 15 minutes after The Child Bride has finished hanging the washing out.
Nightingales and Golden Orioles in full song .. Brazilian samba on the radio.
Lunch outside.
Can't complain.
No threat of rain, allegedly.
Management has stripped the winter duvet off.. it's in the washer.
It'll probably start showing soon.

It's already 9°C in Hertfordshire and set to rise to perhaps 17°C with plenty of sunny spells matched to an easterly breeze.
That will most certainly be appreciated but if anyone could persuade the breeze to become more southerly..........

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back