Weather Report..................

Overcast here in Carmarthenshire. Possible chance of a shower apparently.

Rained on and off most of yesterday which meant I managed to do all the jobs on my indoor list in one day! Rain forecast for Saturday so I'll have to think of something to do then....

Graham

The rain arrived, gently and surreptitiously at 5 am.. Spot on timing by the forecasters, for over a fortnight.

Allowed 30 minutes, to wash the dust, dead insects and shird bite, off the roof, since the last rain 18 days ago
Nipped out , connected the cisterns up and back in bed without waking the Child Bride.
Due to clear this afternoon.
The neighbours will be very pleased to have lovely, refreshing rain in June.
That doesn't happen often ..

Good news for Val54...
A lone Cricket serenaded us, last night...

Won't be long before the choir gets going, Dave.

Excellent news Paul 👍, here in Cheshire we have a family of great spotted woodpeckers being taught how to extract peanuts off the feeders. On the weather front, the overnight rain has cleared and patches of blue are starting to appear, clearly there will be a major weed explosion as result which is timely as our council's green waste collection is due to restart next week ...........IMG_0343.jpeg

Last edited:
Hertfordshire is dry with quite a bit of sunshine and a westerly 25 kph breeze.
So where's that rain?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Excellent news Paul 👍, here in Cheshire we have a family of great spotted woodpeckers being taught how to extract peanuts off the feeders. On the weather front, the overnight rain has cleared and patches of blue are starting to appear, clearly there will be a major weed explosion as result which is timely as our council's green waste collection is due to restart next week ...........View attachment 54707

Great photo, Dave.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

It’s here in Cheshire Colin, quite heavy rain early on, now it’s heavy showers with sunny intervals and strong winds forecast for this afternoon .....

About 30 minutes after I posted this morning the sky darkened and light rain followed. And 30 minutes after that the heavens opened and we had a deluge for perhaps 10 minutes. Now we're back to light rain, though I suspect we'd need a week or two of the same to make a real difference to the fields and gardens of Herts.

Colin :):):)

A pretty good day.
No hint of yesterday's rain
A gentle stroll, before it got too warm for comfort.
Back for a little light gardening, while the soil was still friable..
A cold shower, lunch outside...
We're still there.
Is this smug filter working ? Him

It's very "breezy" air at 10°C in Hertfordshire. Rain is likely later today so I've been out on the bike to test my legs against the wind and Herts slopes. Coffee is definitely in order and well earned.
I've just checked the wind conditions and it has been gusting to about 70kph. No wonder the bike ride was challenging in places!
It now looks as if rain is imminent - that's good news for the soil hereabouts.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back