Weather Report..................

Yesterday we had a great day around Brean in wonderful weather.
The conditions for flying the small kite on Brean beach were pretty much perfect; then we walked up onto Brean Down.
On the way up the many steps we were amazed to see this:

IMG_20200918_161825.jpg

.......being created in the sand below.
We wandered around the Down taking in the sights of the fort:

IMG_20200918_164142.jpg

and the huge concrete arrow pointing southwest:

IMG_20200918_173709.jpg

......which was apparently installed to guide bombers to the practice range during WW2 ("It's in that direction, Roger Old Chap").
There's lots of other gems on the Down and by the time we got to make our descent to the beach the artwork was about complete:

IMG_20200918_174744.jpg

IMG_20200918_174752.jpg

I couldn't resist walking over to the huge image engraved in the sand by the artist.
Simon Beck had just finished his artwork as we arrived using a home made weighted sled with spikes on the underside:

IMG_20200918_175733.jpg

He'd walked about 13 miles in 5 hours around the course of his sand art and was about to rush up onto Brean Down to watch the fast approaching tide return the sand to ripples.
A fascinating man and it's well worth having a wander around the internet for more information on his work.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
A bonus point for you Paul, it is indeed Blackburn Farm. I’ve already encountered language problems as one of the elderly farm family thought I wanted to know if they had a cash machine when I asked where the Elsan point was 🤔😂
" Elsan point ".. How very refined...?
It's known as 'T shee toil , those parts.

We have just come indoors, after helping the sun go down, by staring hard at it, sipping red wine until it finally gave up and dropped behind the horizon, leaving a pinky, purple-ish glow.
21 degrees was feeling somewhat nippy.

Here at Chertsey C&CC site it's a breezy, dry but bright start to the day.
And the continual background noise from the M25 adds a certain 'je ne sais quoi'.

So today it'll be a bike ride along the Thames towpath to Hampton Court for us on this, the last day of our little jaunt around some of the C&CC sites.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Here in West London it's about 14°C with a grey sky and pretty much still air.
It certainly feels very different to the lovely weather we've enjoyed during our potter around C&CC sites over the past few days - in fact it's feeling autumnal.
The temperatures forecast for Hertfordshire by the end of the week look disturbing - 12°C daytime and 5°C night time 😳😳😳.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Developed into a dry sunny afternoon in the Dales, here’s a couple more pics to jog Paul’s memory ......
View attachment 56580View attachment 56581

It's No wonder the Vikings thought they were in Valhalla, when they first set foot in Wensleydale.!
Glorious country, when it's got two pennorth of sunshine on it..

21 degrees ,
Lumpy clouds .
No breeze
Sharing our breakfast with a bunch of young, and very fast, flies.
While a Green Woodpecker picks his breakfast from an old Almond tree

Last edited:
Here in West London it's about 14°C with a grey sky and pretty much still air.
It certainly feels very different to the lovely weather we've enjoyed during our potter around C&CC sites over the past few days - in fact it's feeling autumnal.
The temperatures forecast for Hertfordshire by the end of the week look disturbing - 12°C daytime and 5°C night time 😳😳😳.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

I'm delighted to report that it's all change in west London.
We have a clear blue sky, warm sun and still air.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back