Weather Report..................

Update ..... early afternoon the clouds cleared to leave a beautiful cloudless sky. Wandered down into Hawes now that the weekend crowds have gone for a few bits and pieces and got sidetracked by a south facing bench outside the White Hart. Very pleasant sitting with a pint people watching ........ mask, no mask, mask, no mask, mask worn properly, mask sitting below nose .....................

The White Hart...
More nostalgia,
9 hard working, stressed, self employed , Badminton playing friends convinced our wives that we needed to have a weekend away, Walking the Dales.
Many based at the Hart..
I wouldn't recognise it if I turned up sober.
Lovely still, calm day .
While the soil is moist enough , I've forked over the flower beds and dug some rows for " Bastard trenching ".
I've gained so many brownie points, I could give some away..

Lovely Algarve Autumn day.
22 degrees.
Hazy clouds
Not a sniff of a breeze.
No use sitting around waiting for rain, to help gardening.
We're off to check out the festival of Cataplanas.. traditional fish and meat casseroles..

It's all change in Herts as we plummet downhill into winter.
I was woken by a torrential downpour during the night and this morning there's a fair amount of debris washed onto the roads between here and the local shops.
It's grey right now - intermittently brighter and darker grey. It's about 15°C and the forecast is for alternate bright spells and showers.
Grumble?
Nope.
One simply mustn't.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Herts had a couple of downpours overnight but since sunrise the clouds have progressively wandered elsewhere and Mr. Sunshine is getting his own way up there.
I'm pleased about that and plan to celebrate with a bike ride around the puddled-filled lanes this morning.
Then this afternoon the breeze is expected to build so perhaps I'll try hanging on the end of a kite line or two.

Colin :):):)

Back