Weather Report..................

Dry at last and a sunny day in prospect as we head from York to Harrogate. ⛅️🌥⛅
At last !!
You're on our old stamping ground. .
There's a nice pub at Hubby.. ideal for a walk to nearby Almscliff Crag and the view across to The Cow and Calf rocks, on Ilkley Moor..( Bart ' tat ).
Hope the weather holds for you.

Here ?
I'm told it was just 12 degrees at sunrise..
We got a light blanket out, last weekend, when min temperature was for 20.
Had to use it, last night, and close some windows.
Lovely calm morning, highs of 26. But the nights are drawing in.
No more midnight cool drinks on the terrace for a while.

There's a clear, bright blue sky above Hertfordshire this morning with a brisk breeze blowing from the northwest.
It's chilly, so I had a 'flu inoculation this morning.
The puncture I collected on the Brompton is fixed (it was a flint shard that the farmer's tractors carry onto the lanes from muddy fields here in Flintland), the chain has been checked for wear and oiled, so perhaps after checking the electrolyte levels in the leisure batteries I might ...........

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Just to correct an autocorrect..
HUBBY...?
The Square and Compass, at HUBY.
MH friendly carpark, if you ask nicely..( or was, 5 years ago).

Apparently quite a day in Ravenglass as the local narrow gauge hero met its big brother .....................

B783153F-660F-4DDF-B7DF-2048DBBC239C.jpeg

5B6BB8E5-ADC1-4C87-B787-47401F72DCEA.jpeg

Elsewhere the sun was still shining on those Roman architects whose bath house is still standing (just), note the fine niche for the shower gel .........

73C409A5-B335-4649-8DE8-56811D39F1CD.jpeg

5EDF979B-A5B3-4361-A895-D3CE89B33B0C.jpeg

Couldn't resist this shot of one of the older residents of the Muncaster estate ...........

CF1AD637-4285-4ED2-A20E-402777433CE9.jpeg

Sadly its our last day, heading back to Cheshire tomorrow ..

Apparently quite a day in Ravenglass as the local narrow gauge hero met its big brother .....................

View attachment 56696

View attachment 56697

Elsewhere the sun was still shining on those Roman architects whose bath house is still standing (just), note the fine niche for the shower gel .........

View attachment 56698

View attachment 56699

Couldn't resist this shot of one of the older residents of the Muncaster estate ...........

View attachment 56700

Sadly its our last day, heading back to Cheshire tomorrow ..

Yet more brilliant photos, Dave.
I particularly like the shot of the tree.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Yet more brilliant photos, Dave.
I particularly like the shot of the tree.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
Its been a day of opportunities Colin. On this morning's walk the tree was just lit up like a beacon from about 50 yards away just waiting to be snapped. Then, later after a pub lunch, I decided to go and see the narrow gauge steam engine as we'd kept hearing it all week and it seemed churlish not to actually see it. Afterwards, as the sun was still shining I wandered down to the beach only to find quite a few huddles of camera weilding gentlemen who, it turned out, were waiting for a steam excursion on the "real" railway, so I waited for its appearance. A good day 👍.

I got cold and wet collecting blackberries in the lanes yesterday afternoon and had definitely earned the apple and blackberry crumble last evening. It wasn't a good idea going on the Brompton against the advice of the forecasters.
This morning Hertfordshire isn't any more inspiring. There's thick grey cloud above us with a stiff 9°C breeze blowing, though on a positive note it's dry.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back