Weather Report..................

Here in Herts we've had a still, clear sky all night so the temperature has dropped to -4°C and yesterday's snow has a distinct crust on it.
I won't be doing any snow clearing because it looks as if the temperatures are set to rise over the next day or two. That should sort the white stuff for me.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Sunny and warm enough today so I cleared the greenhouse, thoroughly washed all the windows and frame with Jeyes then pressure washed the lot. Hard work but satisfying as I hadn’t done it for a couple of years. Now waiting for it to dry in the sun before putting everything back. Hope it dries off before it freezes otherwise the path will be sheet ice!

It's dry in Herts with still air just above zero degrees and predicted to climb a little further.
The laying snow doesn't seem to like this very much and is retreating fairly rapidly.

On a happier note, here at approximately latitude 52° the day is just over an hour longer than it was at midwinter and currently lengthening at a rate of about 3 minutes per day.
Wonderful - we need as much positive news as we can get right now.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Update:
Good morning.
Misty, moist, manky .
Clearing now.
Possibly a walk on the wild side ?

Did the walk, after checking the forecast.
No rain to come. Gentle southerly breeze
After 5 minutes, we met the goatherd and his dozen milkers.
He said, " It's going to rain", and put his brolly up

" Nao, acho que nada de Hoje " , I replied".. No, not today, I think., tapping my phone.
He laughed, the goats bleated.

5 minutes later, a southerly tail wind blew us over a summit, our turning point.
The rain hit us , a two minute mini squall.
Never argue with an expert !
It's sunny now.

Back