Weather Report..................

3 degrees and unbroken cloud forecast; but the M/Home Solar Panel had switched on before 8:45am and was chucking out 18v at the Panel, but only 2w because of the low angle of the sun. Wind quite gentle at present ...

Steve
You really need to get your panels to tilt Steve it make a serious difference. The other day I was getting 50w withe the panels flat I tilted them up square to the sun and as getting 470w

You really need to get your panels to tilt Steve it make a serious difference. The other day I was getting 50w withe the panels flat I tilted them up square to the sun and as getting 470w
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately the 180w Panel is fixed to the curve of the Burstner roof, and is tilted as far as it can be. The Scottish Winter sun is limited and quite low in the sky, so it's a case of being grateful for what's on offer! Today, despite the forecast heavy cloud [which has been more broken into strips than the normal all over gunmetal grey with a white 'wash coat' on top], the Panel has achieved a peak of 30w and the Leisure Battery ['LB'] is 100% SOC [but not making it to 'Float', largely because the AMT12 Relay that David of Wildebus fitted is pulsing current to the Starter Battery ['SB'] every 10 seconds]. Yesterday's check had LB at 13.47v and SB at 12.72v, so we know that we can survive a Scottish Winter with the new set up [having had a wiring problem, duff SB and ECU failure in quick succession] and can look forward to those Summer days of 430Wh of output!

Steve

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately the 180w Panel is fixed to the curve of the Burstner roof, and is tilted as far as it can be. The Scottish Winter sun is limited and quite low in the sky, so it's a case of being grateful for what's on offer! Today, despite the forecast heavy cloud [which has been more broken into strips than the normal all over gunmetal grey with a white 'wash coat' on top], the Panel has achieved a peak of 30w and the Leisure Battery ['LB'] is 100% SOC [but not making it to 'Float', largely because the AMT12 Relay that David of Wildebus fitted is pulsing current to the Starter Battery ['SB'] every 10 seconds]. Yesterday's check had LB at 13.47v and SB at 12.72v, so we know that we can survive a Scottish Winter with the new set up [having had a wiring problem, duff SB and ECU failure in quick succession] and can look forward to those Summer days of 430Wh of output!

Steve
I am pleased Phil sorted mine out a few years ago as iam no good with electronics .I run a 110ltr compressor fridge but I've got two 100amp lithium batteries and 590wattof solar so never had a problem in the winter .+ my panels are on two actuators that are remote controlled so I can till them up to nearly 90 degrees.

I am pleased Phil sorted mine out a few years ago as iam no good with electronics .I run a 110ltr compressor fridge but I've got two 100amp lithium batteries and 590wattof solar so never had a problem in the winter .+ my panels are on two actuators that are remote controlled so I can till them up to nearly 90 degrees.
The Solar Panel finished the day with 70Wh in a touch over 7 hours, not bad for a day with plenty of passing cloud! That's 200Wh over the last 3 days, so quite happy. We have a 120Ah KS Energy Lithium and run only the water pump, the LED lighting, the drop down bed, the heating fan and USB phone chargers, plus the AMT12 pulsing feed to the Starter Battery, so not too power hungry

Steve

Great day .
10 degrees at dawn .
21 at noon.
Alas too warm for brandy with 11s' s.
The first Geckos have come out of hibernation..

So have we.
The ground is too dry and hard for proper gardening, so we're having to settle for dead heading, orange harvesting...... And sunbathing.
No rain forecast .

Breakfast on the terrace, sockless, shirtlessless but not sunglasseslessness.
First time this year.
Are you boasting about the warm climate, or complaining about clothes poverty? If the latter, I can send a couple of shirts, but you may need to grow into them, and the colour choice in Super FB size is a little limited ... :D :D

Meanwhile, the East Coast of Scotland is on a mission to smash records, starting for a 3rd successive day with sunshine, but wanting to manage the population's expectations so the biting wind from the Forth continues unabated, and it feels much cooler than the heady 9 degrees ... In these conditions, we can wear shorts, safe in the knowledge that other folk cannot see if you have varicose veins ... Every cloud [obscures the sun ...] and all that (y)

Steve

Last edited:
Back