Weather Report..................

22 in the shade, at 07.30
Calm . As forecast
Suddenly, we've a strong northerly blown in.
Forecasters say it going to increase one says South Easterlies
The other predicts S.Westerlies.
Either way, I'm not taking my Panama into the village..
No rain forecast.
Should I take a brolly?

22 in the shade, at 07.30
Calm . As forecast
Suddenly, we've a strong northerly blown in.
Forecasters say it going to increase one says South Easterlies
The other predicts S.Westerlies.
Either way, I'm not taking my Panama into the village..
No rain forecast.
Should I take a brolly?
Taking one's Panama into the village for the Papers might attract the attention of the Guardian et al ... :rolleyes:

Steve

We're all too mean to buy expensive Spanish Printed papers already a day old. It's all online now.
Guardian readers are too posh to live in a rough & tough backwater, like our village.
It's cloudy, sticky , sweaty and close, but the exercise will do us good.

We're all too mean to buy expensive Spanish Printed papers already a day old. It's all online now.
Guardian readers are too posh to live in a rough & tough backwater, like our village.
It's cloudy, sticky , sweaty and close, but the exercise will do us good.
I'm a Grauniad Reader, and I'm anything but posh! And I certainly don't live in a posh neighbourhood ... We have kids who shoot their parents so that they can attend the Orphans' Summer Picnic [OK, I pinched that from Les Dawson :giggle:]. And, to give you a chance to plead a subsequent engagement, there is a chance that we might be heading towards your neighbourhood if we can get our 'Spend the Extra Gas Bill Money on Winter in Spain & Portugal instead' Plan into existence!

Steve

Steve ..
You'd be very welcome.
If your van isn't too big, we have a guest pitch.
Failing that, there's parking in the village 800 metres away.
No promises, in this crazy world.

So much for the projected weather..
Firstly they said it'd be a scorcher, then changed to blowing a hooley.
We're slumped on the terrace listening to the local Radio 3 .
Swaddled In trakkie bottoms and long sleeves.
Only 22 degrees. Dead calm.

Mustn't grumble.

Last edited:
After yesterday's downpour, today has turned dry and warm, with a blue sky.

Just as well as I'm taking my NG-TF for a run down through the East Sussex countryside to 'Past N Curious' at Chalvington. 🏁

Wednesday:
A government weather alert..
"Beware ... Weekend Air temperatures will be above 38°C..! ".
This morning is cool cloudy and a comfortable max of 20 degrees. Fresh North breezes.
Maybe they meant, above 38°F.?
That's kyboshed the neighbours party to inaugurate his new swimming pool.

It's now 22° in the shade. Because of the fabulous weather there were loads of fascinating and fire breathed stuff at Chalvington. Just for 2cv, I caught this little beauty sliding out. 🙂

IMG_20220521_114422.jpg

Last edited:
Another great day with blue skies and 20°.

Pulled out most of the self sown Forget-Me-Nots and replaced with baby yellow flowers that Yvonne grew from seeds over the winter. She tells me she hasn't a clue what they are, but that she liked them. 🤣

Reactions: 2cv
The bright sunrise is giving way to occasional showers of light rain, 15 degrees temperature, and gentle westerlies throughout the day.

A pleasant Spring day. :)

It was either a very brief shower or incontinent seagull, but, as I stepped outside to retrieve the Satnav for a Garmin firware update, the early sun disappeared and large rainspots fell. And, as I returned indoors, the shower stopped ... Still think it was seagulls, because the sun is out again, and the Solar Panel switched on at 05:32 so everything in Float mode by breakfast time!

Steve

Back