Weather Report..................

Just like yesterday.
Cool, cloudy start. No rain forecast.
Was poised to dip my first soldier into my egg... When it started to drizzle and we dashed indoors.
After 1½ hours of light drizzle, the run off was still not clean enough to go into the drinking cistern.
But I've got an extra 100 litres of dusty, diluted " Shird bite " for plant watering and toilet flushing.
It doesn't take much to keep me happy.

That's a cracking Spoonerism, Paul!
Thanks.

Colin ???

This must have been pretty to watch last night as long as you were under cover ....

Eastbourne as taken by BBC Weather Watcher EyeOnTheSky
_107454712_ukweatherwatchers11.jpg

Weather Watcher DannyM took this photo looking towards Eastbourne from Ditchling Beacon
_107454708_ditchling.jpg

This must have been pretty to watch last night as long as you were under cover ....

Eastbourne as taken by BBC Weather Watcher EyeOnTheSky
_107454712_ukweatherwatchers11.jpg

Weather Watcher DannyM took this photo looking towards Eastbourne from Ditchling Beacon
_107454708_ditchling.jpg
It was spectacular we sat on the beach at Worthing for 3 hours watching it no rain just lightening strikes sometimes 4/5 even 6/7 at a time it was just magic.

weatherman said there was over 90 lightening strikes over eastbourne..........glad i wasnt there....oh no.

weatherman forcast rain and overcast today here in n,yorks......however.....it been its been a beautiful day....very muggy now.
royal ascot has been deluged with rain.......brightning up a bit now.......
hope everyone has enjoyed their day

sorry it was not 90 lightening strikes....just read it was over 1000......oh my word.......

Last edited:
weatherman said there was over 90 lightening strikes over eastbourne..........glad i wasnt there....oh no.

weatherman forcast rain and overcast today here in n,yorks......however.....it been its been a beautiful day....very muggy now.
royal ascot has been deluged with rain.......brightning up a bit now.......
hope everyone has enjoyed their day

sorry it was not 90 lightening strikes....just read it was over 1000......oh my word.......
Yes on the news tonight it said over 1000 strikes in one hour but it went on for three we had no rain in Worthing but it was just amazing there were hundreds of people just sat on the pebbles watching it and filming/ photographing it.

We left our free aire at Grenade under a light grey sky and lower temperatures than yesterday. We pottered westwards generally following the path of the Canal Latéral á la Garonne (the canal that links the Atlantic Ocean with the Canal du Midi at Toulouse, so allowing canal traffic through to the Mediterranean).
We've stopped at Moissac in order to visit the (originally Benedictine) Abbey and view the incredible carved Romanesque stone entrance to the church:

IMG_20190619_133523.jpg

.............. and the oldest cloisters in the world:

IMG_20190619_141734.jpg

IMG_20190619_143427.jpg

The Abbey and other administrative buildings originally occupied quite a large area and the collective cultural importance can be appreciated by the fact that it is now included on the UNESCO list of World Heritage sites.
In the late 1800's the railway linking Bordeaux and Sète was built and the Abbey site was in it's path. So the refectory and other gems were flattened and the railway built right through the middle of the remaining buildings! There's a footbridge over the railway connecting the two halves of the Abbey.
Can you imagine the HS2 rail link passing through, say, York Minster grounds?
Whilst I sat in the cloisters a train passed within about 25 metres of me. Unbelievable.

By now the sky was brightening considerably, the humidity rising - and the temperature going up in step.
So we went for a bike ride along the canal to the aquaduct over the river Tarn:

IMG_20190619_163603.jpg

It's difficult to appreciate these feats of engineering from ground level so I sent the stealth drone up for a better view:

IMG_20190619_174408-01.jpeg

I'm pleased to report that this evening the temperature and humidity have dropped to far more comfortable figures.

Colin ???

Did you stop at the new aire Colin ?
We thought it was v good.
Nothing like the old car park aire by the ?

Yes, Graham, we're on the new aire. We stopped for a while on one of the car parks facing the river but didn't feel totally comfortable with the idea of staying overnight there for some unknown reason.
As you'll know, the aire is only 8€ per 24 hours including water in and out (plus electricity at an extra charge if needed). A bargain, really.
Should anyone want water in and out it's 3€ for 3 hours.

Colin ???

After a splendid night, eating outside the village greasy spoon, we're relaxing on the terrace with the lights out, saying adeus to a bottle of Lidl's finest 10 year old Port.
The photo might not have as much detail as Colin's magnificent ones.. I'm sure that it gives an idea of what we're having to suffer during this enforced exile.
25 degrees , no breezes, just the music of the crickets.. And that's not " Peggy Sue "
Good news:
medics think Jenny may be ok to travel.... After another set of blood tests in 3 weeks..
Then a new adventure begins.WP_20190619_23_16_48_Pro.jpg

After a splendid night, eating outside the village greasy spoon, we're relaxing on the terrace with the lights out, saying adeus to a bottle of Lidl's finest 10 year old Port.
The photo might not have as much detail as Colin's magnificent ones.. I'm sure that it gives an idea of what we're having to suffer during this enforced exile.
25 degrees , no breezes, just the music of the crickets.. And that's not " Peggy Sue "
Good news:
medics think Jenny may be ok to travel.... After another set of blood tests in 3 weeks..
Then a new adventure begins.View attachment 46812

That's very positive all round, Paul. I'm delighted that Jenny is making such good progress.
And the moon shot isn't at all bad. It's a very difficult subject with a mobile phone camera.

Colin ???

We had plenty of rain overnight here in Moissac.
And lightning.
And, of course, thunder.
It's currently dry, quiet, and light grey.
BTW, I heard a news report describing the damage done to crops by hailstones in southeast France over the last day or so. Some growers have lost their entire crop and the French government has promised financial help to get them through to next year.

Colin ???

some more lovely pics ....
my word colin you do get around to some lovely places...........yep..im green with envy....lol

well another lovely day here....looks as tho its going to stay this way all day...as it did yesterday. MMmmmmm
i can just imagine how spectaular the lightening was on the south coast............luckily no damage done......

Lovely calm morning. Unforecast clouds come and go.
Under the parasol weather now .
Festival weekend, coming up. Music and dancing in our village, Sardines and booze, courtesy of the mayor., Tomorrow and Sunday, culminating in a midnight fireworks display, over the river, in Tavira .
Still not too upset that we're not back in Blighty.

Good news:
Then a new adventure begins.View attachment 46812

Oo I’ll see your black full moon and raise you a blue one
18CA8216-39CB-4264-9D02-C050D86BFCBA.jpeg

Back