What are your favourite YouTube channels?

Not Youtube, but I think Radio might be a good add on, I listen very rarely to R2 nowadays, Ken Bruce if I'm in the car, all the good ones have either moved or been cancelled, drive time with those two scatty women is a pain even Liz can't stand that much wetness, When I drove all day and night it was the only station I had on, save maybe R4 for the Archers, but even that got dumbed down so bad it was impossible to listen too, BBC have screwed up some of the best Radio & TV channels in the world with all this included nonsense and the others are following suit.

Shame Boom is also full of adverts, which kills it for me, they are so off-putting when driving and you are forced to listen to the same crap every few records and people around me think I'm nuts shouting at the radio.

What about the guy who has built a nuclear bunker in his garden and now joined the house garage and shed with an underground tunnel. He also builds alsorts of projects. Must make a tidy sum from YouTube videos.

What about the guy who has built a nuclear bunker in his garden and now joined the house garage and shed with an underground tunnel. He also builds alsorts of projects. Must make a tidy sum from YouTube videos.
I forgot about him.

He does make good money & over 1m subscribers but he makes really good videos, he does commissions for the likes of Google and Ebay too.

Most nights or first thing in the morning I watch Jake Broe, Deneys Davadov or operator Starsky about Ukraine news.

Sampson Boat Co - Rebuild of a 109 year old gaff cutter, amazing craftsmanship
Just watched the latest one this morning, god Leo has a some serious talent for his age

(can't use ad blockers when watching via Firesticks, etc. if that option is about to get suggested).

Just a thought...

I'm on a laptop, so do have adblock, but I also have pihole which could sit ahead of your firestick. Please do check though, because I've no idea which one, or both, mean I can watch ad free.

Just a thought...

I'm on a laptop, so do have adblock, but I also have pihole which could sit ahead of your firestick. Please do check though, because I've no idea which one, or both, mean I can watch ad free.
I assumed pihole on a firestick would be a 'sideloaded' app?

Just watched the latest one this morning, god Leo has a some serious talent for his age
They all have, the shipwrights that have worked on the project have been amazing and they are both young and old. Its so refreshing to see that traditional craftmanship is still going strong and I suspect thanks to this project will thrive.
I know that Leo continued to work through Covid and post videos which is where most of his support has come from but to see people volunteering their time on the project was inspiring. Well worth watching from the beginning.

I assumed pihole on a firestick would be a 'sideloaded' app?

No idea sorry, mine is on a raspberry pi connected to my network. The router has the pi as the dns server so all traffic goes though it. Requests for adverts are just ignored....

Just have a think, is a channel I watch, no ads as enough people subscribe via Patreon interesting reviews on new battery technology, energy storage, climate change etc.

Just have a think, is a channel I watch, no ads as enough people subscribe via Patreon interesting reviews on new battery technology, energy storage, climate change etc.
I know/think there is a question there, but not sure what it is..

Ah ok, the quotes made sense of it :) :) I am subscribed to his channel already but don't watch it much as he takes a long time to make a point I feel.

Not that keen on look what we can do with your donations as a rule, but some are good, I'll give that one a coat of looking at.

I have been using this alternative YouTube app on my fire sticks for ages.
I got totally sick to death of the constantly repeated inane irrelevant adverts plus this tool also strips out intros and the sponsored BS and lies sections.

The sponsor block part of the tool is available as a separate chrome add in as well so I also use it on my PC.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back