What did you do to your van today?

Don't forget though, your speedo reading will be affected
Interesting you say that oppy. I was expecting that too, so I did some careful before and after measurements against my Garmin. 30 mph (Garmin) gave 31mph indicated and reads pretty much the same with the bigger wheels. 60 mph (Garmin) was 64.5mph indicated, now shows 64mph.
I also checked engine rpm at given Garmin speeds before and after and the difference is minimal .. perhaps a drop of 500rpm in 6th gear. So nothing like the level of change I was expecting. Quite surprised at that.

Last edited:
Interesting addition to your boot lid. What did you use? I was considering a gutter type trim like the one I have above the sliding door but yours looks neater.
K ;
Vanterrier

Not sure 🤔 how to place a link in the text, the item I used was a self adhesive door bottom sealing strip, for our hinge we had to use two pieces cut to length so that the join is in the middle of the hinge with a bead of clear silicone on it to prevent any ingress of water.
Hopefully the link below works and will steer you to the item if not please let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

keith

Vanterrier

Not sure 🤔 how to place a link in the text, the item I used was a self adhesive door bottom sealing strip, for our hinge we had to use two pieces cut to length so that the join is in the middle of the hinge with a bead of clear silicone on it to prevent any ingress of water.
Hopefully the link below works and will steer you to the item if not please let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

keith

Just done a quick check and link worked fine on my ipad

Thanks, that looks interesting. It will be better than the exposed hinge which gets properly gunged up.
K ;)

So yours are still looking good. That's good to see.

I had an anxious moment when the new wheels wouldn't seat correctly. We discovered they were fouling on the locating lugs for the old steel wheels. Rimstyle were very reassuring and once the lugs were easily removed from the hubs all fitted snugly. Not convinced by the skinny 17mm studs supplied with the wheels tho. Local fitter almost insisted on using the old 21mm ones. Any of this familiar exwindsurfer?
I’ve use the 17mm from day one and never had any bother with them.
Ps I never removed locating pins and I also noticed the offset on my wheels gave me 3in wider track .

215x65x16 were recommended so I went with that. Clearance with rear mudflaps is ok but starting to look tight
As you can imagine my speed is out at 30 it’s ok just but once you start get up speed well at 70 on the clock your doing 74 75 I just use my tomtom.I first tryed the size of tyres your using.But I want to fit Goodrich all terrain tyres and they didn’t do your size .it’s no big deal .

Last edited:
Got a new wheel today which will hopefully be the end of a very slow loss of pressure. All set for a day trip out tomorrow now that we can leave Renfrewshire for the first time since October. We’ll be making the most of day trips out as the further freedom planned for the 26th may not happen here as the infection rates are still too high.

Got the big step ladders out to check the security of the solar panel. The roof was fairly clean, but I decided to give it a quick water wash. Needless to say I ended up giving it the full clean including stiff brush, dish washing brush, bottle brushes etc into all the places were any sign of green algae was formed. Took the whole afternoon and that’s without doing sides and front and back. Well that’s tomorrow sorted. The solar panel? Well it was screwed and glued by Donagheys (the dealers) when I bought the van and added the panel.

Davy

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv
Murky got it’s Milton’s and water fill this evening. Ran the taps till I could smell it. Test drive to work in the morning and drain the water.

Back