What did you do to your van today?

Went outside to it to get some caramel biscuits and packet of maltesers that were in the fridge, only to find them already gone......

My son has a bad habit of raiding it at night for any left over goodies from a trip that he can find , including any bottles of beer :mad::mad::mad:
You sure its not a magic fridge? I've got one at home, stuff regularly made to disappear from within. Admittedly, it only seems to be magic when the boy's at home....😕

Moved behind a restaurant along the beach to shelter so we could sleep. Massive storms last night... and sideways hail intermingled with wet sand shotblasting us on this mornings dog walk.
Even in Crete, winter has finally arrived. Snow on the top of the mountains.
But only 7 days till the shortest day and then the countdown to Spring 😀

Removed some cra+ out the garage ,was hoping to get away yesterday but my we dog had an op and just about lost her during the op but home with us on the mend fingers crossed ( part o the family )
going to fire up the van and heating for a couple of hours
Hoover n tidy up clean int mirrors etc

Removed some cra+ out the garage ,was hoping to get away yesterday but my we dog had an op and just about lost her during the op but home with us on the mend fingers crossed ( part o the family )
going to fire up the van and heating for a couple of hours
Hoover n tidy up clean int mirrors etc

Hope that your dog gets well soon.

Worked out that my solar panel is wrong way round on roof with output to rear.
The controller was fitted to minimise internal wiring so is near the main power supply unit.
This is c7-8m of smallish cable from the leisure batteries with 5-6m of flex from panel.
If I spin the panel round I can come through the roof on other side and down under a seat to be maximum 2m from leisure battery and the run to starter battery will be halved.
So that's a job for as soon as the weather picks up a bit - no point in drilling holes in roof and using adhesives in this weather.

Taken delivery of diy B2B kit - 100A relay and 10 mm2 cable to supplement built in wiring to psu at rear of van and half way back again! 4m instead of 15m and 2-3 times cross section should mean a nice quick recharge with engine running.

Last edited:
So that's a job for as soon as the weather picks up a bit - no point in drilling holes in roof and using adhesives in this weather.
Agreed. Thats why I am still unable to drill holes through my solar panel brackets and into the roof to bolt it down to reinforce the adhesive-only installation I have now.
Will need to wait for better drier warmer weather... july?
K :(

Dropped it in at the garage this morning for a service, new sump, and Mot.
It's been needing a sump for a few years, ever since I hit a log, which was in the middle of the road, when coming over the Pyrenees. The log was only about 10 inches long and about 5 inches round and green, I couldn't swerve so I decided to take it amid ships where It caught the sump, putting a dent in it. Luckily it didn't leak but over time the seal started to weep, so I decided to get it changed.
Now we have another years Mot and we ready for more adventures.

And our Oscar is going under a Cretan surgeon’s knife tomorrow. The big SNIP! Shouldn’t have read about the Laird’s pooch.

Ahh poor Corrie. Hope all goes well.
At 5.30 we had to rush him back to the vet for additional pain killers ... he was all over the place. Vet seemed surprised that the pain killers she’d given him in the morning had worn off ... but he is a big girls blouse.
The huge cone of shame and a Motorhome are not compatible, he was struggling to even turn around, let alone bashing our legs. It’s been substituted for a muzzle.
Quiet day planned today ... twin tub will come out.

At 5.30 we had to rush him back to the vet for additional pain killers ... he was all over the place. Vet seemed surprised that the pain killers she’d given him in the morning had worn off ... but he is a big girls blouse.
The huge cone of shame and a Motorhome are not compatible, he was struggling to even turn around, let alone bashing our legs. It’s been substituted for a muzzle.
Quiet day planned today ... twin tub will come out.
Happens to the best of us... post op pains and swelling is no fun. At least i was spared the indignity of the cone of shame and didnt need a muzzle as I could not have reached them if I wanted to 🙄
Commiserations pooch.
K ;)

Mega laundry session yesterday - being 22C makes it bearable!
A convenient closed cafe deck for drying. A local offered us ‘clean’ water from his house too. Twin tub elicited some comments, mostly from older ladies~nostalgia!
And no effort for our lithium batteries and solar panels to provide the power for four hours non-stop! And before anyone asks, I use soap nuts.

and C1F5AE96-D35F-42F3-AB90-5211481C0A3D.png70A82FAE-CDD8-4D3A-B8EA-CA7EDADACE7A.jpeg7EF28309-D553-4E51-B555-01F451297181.jpeg

Installed secondary alternator charge cable to leisure battery in 10mm2 cable and 100A relay triggered by output from fridge supply relay.
With supplementary 16mm2 earth cable we should be on for faster charging on short moves.
20191225_123128.jpg

Last edited:
Back