What did you do to your van today?

Last minute stuff put in van ready for the off on tuesday.
Bought some usb chargers for the toothbrushes and splashed out for a fiamma tripod table leg so we can use our existing table outdoors. I dont like duplicating kit so didnt want to but a whole table.
Just the last second stuff to put in now....
Looking forward to getting away again
Three sleeps ?
K

Just washed it including the roof then dried it, just about to get the polish out when the heavens opened and it peed it down

Loading food and booze and mixture of clothing ready for our trip to the South West Motorhome Show in Shepton Mallet. Gas filled up and refueled. Leaving Monday and having a pub stopover Monday night before getting to the Showground on Tuesday.

Got some lubily new beding and towels from the bettersleep co,they have realy nice stuff,oh and a sherpa throw reversable for 9 squidles great deal.

Possibly saved lives today (the other day really, but to add dramatic effect I implied immediacy) by checking bike rack fittings only to discover the bottom attachment was completely loose with two largish coach bolts just sitting in the holes!
Our return trip from Druridge bay with 3 bikes on rack must have worked them loose. All tight with large rawlplugs hopefully holding fast, will test soon....and frequently.....has this ever happened to anyone else? I always look at bike racks wondering how the hell they actually work, especially the ones often seen on the roof of a car! Ours is on the slightly aged side too, bit like the driver I spose. ?

Drove to Cumbria for a few days of chilling and to check if my x 2 new leisure batteries are performing ok.
Crap weather but who cares, better than sitting at home looking at the same 4 walls on my lonesome as son is out all weekend.
May be my last venture out for a couple of weeks as hopefully will be getting my rescue greyhound late next week and I reckon it will be asking to much to of it to be in the motorhome after a live of being in a kennel. Hopefully a week or two to get her accustomed to the house etc then I’ll introduce her to the motorhome.

Stuck new centre caps on my alloy wheels.View attachment 49175

Ooh, there's posh! (y)
I'd soooo love alloys on mine... takes pride of place on my probably-never-gonna-happen-but-I-can-dream wishlist :cry:

This morning I emptied Birdie after 4 lovely weeks away at meets and festivals and have been feeding the washing machine ever since! I've got until the 9th to get her - and me - ready for the next adventure... Autumn in Europe :cool:

Back