What did you do to your van today?

Carrotts

Hi all. Mr the laird. Interested in your window blind modification. How about a few photos. It will help me to visualise what I think your saying I hope I am not confusing you am confusing myself. Best I stop and press post thread

The laird

Hi all. Mr the laird. Interested in your window blind modification. How about a few photos. It will help me to visualise what I think your saying I hope I am not confusing you am confusing myself. Best I stop and press post thread
Will take some pics ASAP and post

The laird

Pic 1is our upholstery my wife covered
Pic2 is the finished job
Pic 3 is mod removed
Pic 4 is blind opened up
Pic 5 is the mod ,I got ply wood the boss covered it in the same material as we done our upholstery in,I got upvc and screwed bracket onto mod,then put high power sticking Velcro to blind surround and lesser sticky to mod brackets so as to enable removal as and when required
Job suits us just fine

6D82866A-5AD5-4808-AA4B-3EFF92401E72.jpeg0F05C6CF-EE22-4EA5-8BCB-52CA7C4F4DDD.jpegAB1EFE20-4B64-48E9-91DF-74C325D49FBB.jpeg45373A21-D1F8-4830-A76A-252EE92CA78A.jpegB40B5D39-EA0F-479B-B797-BFF43EBB1AB8.jpeg

Hope this makes sense and helps

Last edited:

grath

Took it of the blocks, moved to the bourne, emptied grey and refilled fresh, then, back on the blocks again.

saxonborg

Tried to figure out why my fresh water tank filler cap was becoming more difficult to open and close only to be shown by a very helpful Flemish chap that the latching part that the cap engages with had come out and become a permanent part of the cap. The kind gent seperated the two bits and fitted the inner part back into the filler neck then refitted the cap in the normal manner, everything back to normal, thanks to our european colleagues.

Vanterrier

Last minute stuff put in van ready for the off on tuesday.
Bought some usb chargers for the toothbrushes and splashed out for a fiamma tripod table leg so we can use our existing table outdoors. I dont like duplicating kit so didnt want to but a whole table.
Just the last second stuff to put in now....
Looking forward to getting away again
Three sleeps ?
K

helen262

Just washed it including the roof then dried it, just about to get the polish out when the heavens opened and it peed it down

CapricornDave

Free Member
Loading food and booze and mixture of clothing ready for our trip to the South West Motorhome Show in Shepton Mallet. Gas filled up and refueled. Leaving Monday and having a pub stopover Monday night before getting to the Showground on Tuesday.

hotrats

Got some lubily new beding and towels from the bettersleep co,they have realy nice stuff,oh and a sherpa throw reversable for 9 squidles great deal.

Hamishhymer

Possibly saved lives today (the other day really, but to add dramatic effect I implied immediacy) by checking bike rack fittings only to discover the bottom attachment was completely loose with two largish coach bolts just sitting in the holes!
Our return trip from Druridge bay with 3 bikes on rack must have worked them loose. All tight with large rawlplugs hopefully holding fast, will test soon....and frequently.....has this ever happened to anyone else? I always look at bike racks wondering how the hell they actually work, especially the ones often seen on the roof of a car! Ours is on the slightly aged side too, bit like the driver I spose. ?

Obanboy666

Drove to Cumbria for a few days of chilling and to check if my x 2 new leisure batteries are performing ok.
Crap weather but who cares, better than sitting at home looking at the same 4 walls on my lonesome as son is out all weekend.
May be my last venture out for a couple of weeks as hopefully will be getting my rescue greyhound late next week and I reckon it will be asking to much to of it to be in the motorhome after a live of being in a kennel. Hopefully a week or two to get her accustomed to the house etc then I’ll introduce her to the motorhome.