What do you use in your toilet?

I use Bio washing liquid, whenever I think about it.

Does anyone else remember Izal bog rolls? Little difference from the small quares of newspaper my Dad would hang from a string at home!

Think the newspaper worked better than the izal! Best use for that was wrapped round a comb to make "music"!
Blimey I'd forgotten about the comb thing! You're dead right :)

My youngest son used to call it "the crispy toilet paper".Our elderly neighbour always had a choice of the two....why???!!!

My youngest son used to call it "the crispy toilet paper".Our elderly neighbour always had a choice of the two....why???!!!

'Crispy' is a fair description! Maybe your neighbour kept it as a reminder of 'the good old days' !

• Funny
Reactions: Rec
Back to the thread...we now have a composting loo...with a urine separator which collects into bottle. The loo is home made, with a bucket for number twos and using sawdust, or biodegradable cat litter for cover. Will only use in emergency and will empty when we get to Portugal as have proper set up there. Should last realistically at least two weeks, so if on a long trip will have a airtight box to store. Experience at the barn has shown us no smell except damp sawdust when loo is full. The urine can be emptied in public toilet or diluted and discreetly put under a hedge. We often see men watering the lay-by or hedges directly especially in France. :rolleyes:

What do you use in your toilet?

What do you use in your toilet to keep the nasty smells away?

I use Thetford Aqua Kem Green Sachets

View attachment 3813
Our CAMC was given a talk by someone from CAMC head office. He advised on not using any Aqua Kem Green products, as they were highly toxic. Therefore, we use BLUE.

Dometic green tabs normally, trying the Lidl washing tabs at the moment. Only problem is I've always disliked the smell of washing soap for some odd reason.

I use One-Chem Bio. Contains enzymes to break down contents, goes in blue, comes out as brown sludgy liquid. Did use Tesco Bio, but after reading online detergents toxins data sheet showing 3 or 4 ingredients toxic to the aquatic environment I stopped in favour of the toxin free bio product.

Best stuff to my mind is Morrisons "Savers" Bio washing powder. 100g to a cassette for winter and 150g in hot weather. Dead cheap and works well and no worse for the environment than a part wash load.

"How many sheets?" 'Er indoors' is responsible for a fair bit of Rainforest clearance as the count is in yards rather than sheets :-0 Now I'm wondering whether one of my school-day unhappy memories [Izal bog paper] made me what I am to this day, i.e. a careful 'folder' . No-one would dream of putting a scrunched-up a ball of Izal where the sun doesn't shine... it would be more suited to sanding down a door......

Does anyone else remember Izal bog rolls? Little difference from the small quares of newspaper my Dad would hang from a string at home!
Izal. I remember it well.
I still bear the scars.
Like wiping your bits with crisp bags. And slightly less absorbant.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back