Who's Awake

Well, the shops won't be busy yet at 5am! I have the dubious pleasure of collecting a tin of paint as part of my morning walk this morning.....Dave has decorated two of the bedrooms, wired in extra sockets and insulated under floorboards since we took Mum back to Kent last week. Moved the room functions too, will now have a study/ hobby room.....bring on lockdowns! Hope everyone is not finding the latest restrictions too onerous....haven't made a huge difference to us as we have become fairly reclusive anyway. Son in Kent back at work today, having recovered well from covid...
thats interesting ruth...insulating under floorboards,,,,,,,looks like a big job ..looking on utube......would like my downstairs floor insulated..however it looks as tho all floor board need to be up,,,,,,,,well done

morning all.....soon be 2 dec...when we can get out and about again.........13 dec nights should START to get lighter......looking forward to that......although it is nice to draw the curtains...fire on and snuggled down.......hope we are not in for a bad winter.........all take care

Morning all,
Taking the bus to our mechanic today to, hopefully, sort out the air suspension problem. We took a lot of gear off it to do our alterations and will reload it when we get it back (less some of the 'what the L are we carrying that for' items)

Morning all,
Collected the bus yesterday, air suspension sorted and a couple of other wee jobs done - £49. Now we can reload it with stuff we really need to carry, ie fishing tackle ;)

If that was you parked up on the southbound A90 between Forfar and Dundee at about 9am today Gordon I don’t think you were awake!!!

Morning all,
Collected the bus yesterday, air suspension sorted and a couple of other wee jobs done - £49. Now we can reload it with stuff we really need to carry, ie fishing tackle ;)
And the diagnosis was ?

And the diagnosis was ?
I must have caught something cos the nearside sensor was out of position, so that side was not pumping up fully. Balanced up now and riding nicely. He also checked out the alarm siren for me and found it was getting power, but not working, so advised getting a used one off ebay rather than the silly priced new one from Renault. Just said "pop round when you get it and I'll put it on".

No Tony I'm up in invergordon today and I think will be here on Friday as well
I was stretching the Tesla’s legs a bit on that stretch so was a bit late noticing the GTS truck in the lay-by as I went past. At a quick glance I didn’t think it was your truck but I was past in a flash!! (No breaking of the speed limit of course). Fantastic sight over the Queensferry Crossing with the tops of all the bridges hidden in cloud but as clear as a bell over the road decks and the water.

thats interesting ruth...insulating under floorboards,,,,,,,looks like a big job ..looking on utube......would like my downstairs floor insulated..however it looks as tho all floor board need to be up,,,,,,,,well done

morning all.....soon be 2 dec...when we can get out and about again.........13 dec nights should START to get lighter......looking forward to that......although it is nice to draw the curtains...fire on and snuggled down.......hope we are not in for a bad winter.........all take care
@trixie88 it was a bit of a nightmare getting the floorboards up, the previous occupants had put boarding over the top of them, but not in big sheets but in a patchwork of tiny offcuts. Was like a terrible jigsaw puzzle. All done now, mainly for soundproofing and a bit of heat retention between the floors. And the extra sockets are so useful. For some reason they had it rewired with just one double socket in the far corner of each ( big) bedroom! Couldn't plug two bedside lights in, clock radio, chargers, let alone my electric blanket!!

Dry and cool here today, going for a long walk on Dunwich beach after breakfast. Dave's birthday so having a hot meal delivered from local hotel since we can't go out. Great service, can choose anything off their usual menu, book a delivery time and pay on phone.

Back