Who's Awake

When r u away?
Should have been tomorrow night but hadn't rebooked the Ferry until the LF Test requirement had been waived; and then the storm warnings were issued ... The actual date and the rebooking of the Ferry will be discussed today!

Steve

Morning off to pick the van up today the bill came in at £1,103 that’s for a mot, full service, habitation check ( first ever )new headlamp unit, removal of a skylight and a new better quality one to replace it and fixing a slow leak on the internal water system still not going to break the bank some folks pay more than that for a week in Benidorm. 😂

Morning off to pick the van up today the bill came in at £1,103 that’s for a mot, full service, habitation check ( first ever )new headlamp unit, removal of a skylight and a new better quality one to replace it and fixing a slow leak on the internal water system still not going to break the bank some folks pay more than that for a week in Benidorm. 😂
Feel better about the £48 for our MOT 2 weeks ago, now ... Although, I did have the tyres replaced with Winter version [£737], and the Airbag ECU failure and wiring problems + 2 new Starter Batteries [fault destroyed the 1st replacement!] added £1,032 to the Repairs Bill ... It's our first year of ownership, and 1st M/Home, so lots of expenditure in upgrading and replacing kit that looks not to have been serviced or maintained properly. This has put the 'per mile running costs' at exactly £4.70 [cheaper to get a taxi!] so we will need to get down the road and on the Ferry to France and then to Spain to reduce this to a more acceptable rate ... Not that I need an excuse to take a holiday and escape the Scottish Winter! :rolleyes: :D

Steve

I didn't know you had to pay for a MOT mine has been free for the last 40 years lolololol + the wife's car

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. A bracing walk back from the garage 3/4 hour ago. And a further bracing walk to collect Brunhilde late morning all being well]

Steve

Morning all. First of me joining.
Got 5 month old grandson for a sleepover tonight - love it ❤
Gordon, hope you're well prepared for your forthcoming trip?

Back