Who's Awake

Quite parky in the Van after a clear sky night. Heating on and a bowl of hot porridge with walnuts and banana to start the day

Steve

Morning all

I've been quite remiss in not adding to this thread lately so must try harder.

We are currently on the Cardiff Caravan Park site and are off to the Welsh National Museum of History today...

Nogent le roi full (after tortuous final approach), so headed to Nonancourt, which was at the end of a narrow High Street that had been further narrowed by chicanes and street parking on both sides. After a 2 to 3 minutes of 'After you', 'No, after you' with traffic coming down the High Street, we arrived at the Aire ... Which was barricaded and closed to all comers ...
3rd attempt was at Harcourt, in the middle of nowhere, but within shouting distance of the cemetery (not that they'd hear you)
Kettle on, precooked baguette in oven (Baker closed ...), with our original 75 miles trip extended to 139 miles! 🙄👍

Steve

The Aire at Harcourt requires Jetons (no coins or card facilities available, but there are NO instructions on where to obtain said jetons!). Walked into the village, no Marie's Office, no Information Board, no details in the only shop that is open, no nothing not nowhere (and I know that double negatives are a complete no no ...)! I want to buy water for the WC and fresh water tank, I have a pile of € coins ready to spend, but there is no way of paying for the transactions, on what is a very well specified Aire, with just one small omission ...🙄👎

Steve

Bore da

We are off to se Mrs GMJ's mother at her nursing home in Bridgend this morning (well Mrs GMJ is, I'll stay in the car) and then after lunch at the Outlet Centre we plan on visiting Barry Island to see "What's occurring..."*

* Which means very little to you unless you've seen Gavin and Stacy...and even then after living and going to school in Barry I never heard anyone saying this in all the years I was there! :)

Bore da

We are off to se Mrs GMJ's mother at her nursing home in Bridgend this morning (well Mrs GMJ is, I'll stay in the car) and then after lunch at the Outlet Centre we plan on visiting Barry Island to see "What's occurring..."*

* Which means very little to you unless you've seen Gavin and Stacy...and even then after living and going to school in Barry I never heard anyone saying this in all the years I was there! :)
Max Boyce Worthing Concert about 25 years ago:

'I was 37 before I realised there was anywhere other than Barry Island for holidays. Trouble is, it's full of North Walians, and they're like haemmerhoids; if they come down and go back up, they're fine. But, if they come down and stay down, they're a PITA ...' 🤭

Steve

Morning all

We are off to The Royal Mint in Llantrisant for a guided tour this morning and then Caerphilly castle this afternoon.

The final European Packdown today. 0530 Dieppe to Newhaven crossing tomorrow. Need to make sure we have enough fresh water until we can reach an Aire or site. This is the time when we realise how good the French and Spanish Aires are, and how dismal and/or money grabbing the UK facilities are ...

Steve

Reactions: Rec
Morning all

We are home now (got back on Saturday) so back in to normal life routines now. Off into Carmarthen this morning to take our ebikes in to Halfwits for a service.

Back