Who's Awake

Morning all. Feel like I’ve got jet lag this morning 7 hour drive to Hereford two days then up the rd. mental 🤪
We did the gentle way of stopping at the Smallholding, Brereton Heath, nr Congleton (£7 per night), and we're now en route to Green Frog, Moffat, leaving a gentle 92 miles glide into Fife for tomorrow ...

Steve and Elaine

We did the gentle way of stopping at the Smallholding, Brereton Heath, nr Congleton (£7 per night), and we're now en route to Green Frog, Moffat, leaving a gentle 92 miles glide into Fife for tomorrow ...

Steve and Elaine
Steve I will pm you a message sometime tomorrow

Morning all

Planning on mowing the lawn this morning as it has grown somewhat during the 3 weeks we were away. I have a Dr's appointment then this afternoon.

Morning all

Plugging in and packing the MH this morning ready for the off tomorrow. Mowing the lawn and taking Mrs GMJ for a hospital appt later.

The chase for the fridge door parts resumes [must track a set down eventually...] and I need to drop back into the garage with a couple of queries on the service from Friday. Had it been the service from Sunday, it would have been about an aisle change rather than an oil change and the technician's coat would have been whiter :giggle:

Steve

The chase for the fridge door parts resumes [must track a set down eventually...] and I need to drop back into the garage with a couple of queries on the service from Friday. Had it been the service from Sunday, it would have been about an aisle change rather than an oil change and the technician's coat would have been whiter :giggle:

Steve
shoot_self.gif

Morning all

Spent the night in Cirencester and we are en route to Folkstone today ready for our tunnel crossing tomorrow.

Morning all

Spent the night in Cirencester and we are en route to Folkstone today ready for our tunnel crossing tomorrow.
'You have reached Position 14.5 miles in the Queue for Folkestone.Your expected wait is 84 hours. We apologise for the delay but all our Agents are delaying other Customers in the queue. Well, when we say ALL our other Agents, we really mean BOTH our Agents, because we normally have 3 on duty but Freda's called in sick; seems her cat's not well. We wish you a safe and pleasant journey with us, well, as pleasant as it can be with French Customs waiting to delay you even more in Calais ...' :giggle:

How long are you away for? You must be pushing the 90 days! But enjoy the break

Steve

36 nights on this one Steve. Hopefully I've done my sums correctly re the 90 nights :D

36 nights on this one Steve. Hopefully I've done my sums correctly re the 90 nights :D
Shouldn't be queue for the tunnel....especially if you approach from the b2068 (from Canterbury) which only joins M20 at last exit before.😉😉 Have a good trip

Even if you have miscalculated slightly, because you haven't already used the 90 days, you may be able to take advantage of the 'expiring days' from the early part of your January stay, Graham

Steve

'You have reached Position 14.5 miles in the Queue for Folkestone.Your expected wait is 84 hours. We apologise for the delay but all our Agents are delaying other Customers in the queue. Well, when we say ALL our other Agents, we really mean BOTH our Agents, because we normally have 3 on duty but Freda's called in sick; seems her cat's not well. We wish you a safe and pleasant journey with us, well, as pleasant as it can be with French Customs waiting to delay you even more in Calais ...' :giggle:

How long are you away for? You must be pushing the 90 days! But enjoy the break

Steve
I owe you a debt of thanks Steve as I double checked my maffs!

Whilst I had catered for 89 NIGHTS in Schengen this isn't how it works. Its 90 DAYS so the next day travelling back to Blighty counts as well even if its just an hour or so. As such with our Spain trip (56 Nights but 57 Days) and this one to France we would have been at 91 days
yikes_anim.gif

Luckily just got to Folkestone (zero problems on any roads (unless you are a lorry) and have amended all 6 campsites and the tunnel booking for our return trip. Luckily 2 campsites were 'just turn up'; 3 were where I had paid no deposit; and one was a C&MC site so I just cancelled and rebooked. It cost £8 to amend my tunnel booking.

Considerably better than a 100€ fine each and potential black balling from entering the area again!

Phew!!
hehe.gif

PS and as a bonus there is a F&C van on site this evening which will save a packet from going over to the pub across the road to buy exactly the same!!

Shouldn't be queue for the tunnel....especially if you approach from the b2068 (from Canterbury) which only joins M20 at last exit before.😉😉 Have a good trip
Thanks

In Folkestone now and the roads were clear all the way down so we came our normal M20 route.

Interestingly around 15 miles or so from the tunnel, the road split off lorries one way and the rest of us the other. The lorries are split into Tunnel traffic and Ferry traffic. The 50mph zone comes down to 30mph for them and there are traffic lights for them too. Today with quiet roads, the traffic lights were holding up between 2-3 miles of lorries waiting in line in a single lane for the tunnel...which was still around 7-8 miles away!

The whole area looked to be around 10 miles long using the southbound lanes of the M20. We were contra flowed into 2 lanes of the north bound in a 50mph limited area for those 10 miles.

Not allowed to mention the B word but this cannot be right....

Back