Who's Awake

Morning all. Overcast and drizzle on Teesside.
Dog still has the sh-ts unfortunately so may have to delay my trip on Monday and contact the vets again.
She is on a boiled chicken and white rice diet so fingers crossed it works by Monday then I’ll wean her back onto her normal diet.
A friend mentioned the problem may be stress related, she is terrified off the fire works going off every night so who knows,he may be right.
If I do manage to get away Monday i will be stopping on a CS site near Penrith which should be quiet. it may prove a point if the problem goes away.

we get stuff from the vet Steve for our dog and it's like dog Valium we get a weeks supply and solves the issue ,hope this helps

I have 5 days to wait to get away in the van just struggling to get the car booked into a garage for repairs due to deferred MOts so will just have to mothball it until we get back shopping on my mobility trike is going to be fun 😂😂

Last edited:
Should have been heading up to Cumbria for a week or so but alas the dog had me up twice during the night again with Diarrhea.
So just returned from the vets, chicken & rice, small quantities 4/5 times a day for at 48 hours and a clay paste with probiotics or similiar.
If ok after the 48 hours wean her back onto her normal food very gradually. If still poorly it’s blood and poo samples/tests at £190.00 each.
she has lost 1kg since last week but he said health wise she appears excellent so fingers crossed she improves ASAP and I can get away for a few days.
bloody dog ! More trouble than kids lol.

Should have been heading up to Cumbria for a week or so but alas the dog had me up twice during the night again with Diarrhea.
So just returned from the vets, chicken & rice, small quantities 4/5 times a day for at 48 hours and a clay paste with probiotics or similiar.
If ok after the 48 hours wean her back onto her normal food very gradually. If still poorly it’s blood and poo samples/tests at £190.00 each.
she has lost 1kg since last week but he said health wise she appears excellent so fingers crossed she improves ASAP and I can get away for a few days.
bloody dog ! More trouble than kids lol.
Hope she makes a good recovery they might be more trouble than kids but you get unconditional love from them.

Back