Who's Awake

Morning all

Considering that I had nowt to do yesterday I managed to fill the day nicely. I had a bit of a tidy up/clear out in the garage and then mowed the lawns. I took them down to their summer length yesterday however we had a frost overnight which is a bit annoying. Oh well never mind.

Plugging the MH in this morning as we are off on our second trip of the year tomorrow: just down to Pembrey C&MC site for 4 nights. Then off food shopping in Carmarthen.

This afternoon is wall to wall sport. Newcastle v Arsenal kicks off at 2.00 and rugby at 3.00. I'm a Newcastle supported (but haven't been to see them for the best art of 20 years now) and my son supports the Arse, so I'll watch the first half before the rugby starts. We'll probably be 3 nil down by then but its good for a bit of inter family banter.

well tis afternoon now.......was up early at the shop by 10am.. few necessary items bought...along with items ive been going to get to ages......masking tape, dispensing gun for no nails tube etc......shower head...and a few more things.......
kitchen has now had its spring coat of paint..............vans outside......getting ready for the off on tuesday hopefully..
rather apprehensive.....cos like most ive not been on a journey or a ride out for the past 12 months.............
do we travel the A1 or go the back way???? decisions again. probably wont make up mind until the day......
all have a good day and enjoy the bank holiday.......

Morning all

We are off away in the MH for 4 nights today
ban-woohoo.gif

We are going to Pembrey C&MC site which is just outside Pembrey Country Park. It's a lovely park which we aim to explore a bit more this time. It's perfect for our ebikes plus its on the coast so great for beach walks too. The coastal Millennium Path/cycle track is also very close so we'll try that this time too.

As its fairly local to us we wont set off until 11.20-ish and we'll stop near Carmarthen for our lunch.

Its the first time since Sept last year that Mrs GMJ will get to ride up front in the MH as well, as on all our trips since then she has driven the car.

Morning all,
Spot of garden tidying today
@Rec Ruth - our jasmine is sending out shoots despite being nipped by the cold, has yours survived?
That is lovely of you! Yes ours has suddenly rejuvenated...filling in the dead bits with new shoots and sending out suckers. Had some heavy rain and then lovely sunshine which has helped. No frost now for a few weeks.
Both been very off colour with stomach bug....improving but debilitating.Luckily trip back delayed a week already....still got some clearing to do before we go...wood for next winter to stack in log shed, and the last terrace to strim. Getting into wildfire season again so the land has to be kept clear. Had so much rain though that the risk is low in our area.

Last edited:
Happy birthday Fiona hope you have a great day and morning campers bit miserable here today hope the weather is better wherever you all are

Made a coffee, poked my head out the door and see that we've been joined by Colin (y)

Good morning, Chris.
I hope that I didn't disturb you and Dawn when I arrived in the early hours.
Would you believe that someone had a diesel heater going all night? Blōødy noisy and very inconsiderate! (😅😂😂).
It's so good to be here!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Morning all

We have our son staying with us this weekend...he of the Covid transmission at Xmas! (He ave it to both of us as a pressie!) It's the first time we have seen him since then. He arrived yesterday at around 2pm which gave me time to empty the MH and give it a good bottoming out ready for our next trip...which is next Friday (we are off to Cardiff for 3 nights and Cirencester for another 11). We always clean it as soon as we get home so it's all spick and span and ready to go.

So today will be a morning of sitting around catching up, then this afternoon we'll watch some rugby together on the telly. I like watching rugby with him as he is a current player and knows his stuff.

Morning all,
Rob and Julie joined us yesterday and enjoyed fish n chips which Colin had selflessly walked into town and bought for us all. thanks Colin (y)
We then had another great evening round the fire pit. Now listening to rain on the roof and waves on the beach.
IMG_20210507_184555.jpg

Back