Defibrilator Fund

May I make a suggestion……
The rallies are a very cost affective way of camping so…….
What about adding £1 per night or even £1 per rally for each van 🤔 as every little helps to the defibrillator fund 🤷‍♀️
Just a thought 😊
We do have rally funds to help with the costs of running rallies. Once the fund reaches a certain amount, the rally organisers put the extra money into the defib fund. You can see that the first entry on the spreadsheet is £100 from Jeff's rally fund.

We bought a defibrillator for our group, and the instructions recommended adding it to a communal database for others to use.

We meet up in a remote place with a popular footpath crossing to a pub. I recommended not adding ours to that database to avoid vandalism of either the defib unit or our other equipment. The committee agreed.

As you can see, we are still short of our target, I will try and arrange some more fundraising events at some of this year's upcoming rallies, or you can still donate direct to the fund by clicking the link on the first page. Thank you for your kind generosity and support (y)

Last edited:
The way I’ve felt the last couple of weeks i thought I was gonna have to phone you to drop by with your defibrillator Jeff.

We should try do a few fund raising things at the meets too like a coin toss for a bottle. A sware bucket. sponsor a log for the fire. Id put a 20p tax on your pint or each drink at the bar put in a bucket. Guess the pressure in a random tyre.

The way I’ve felt the last couple of weeks i thought I was gonna have to phone you to drop by with your defibrillator Jeff.

We should try do a few fund raising things at the meets too like a coin toss for a bottle. A sware bucket. sponsor a log for the fire. Id put a 20p tax on your pint or each drink at the bar put in a bucket. Guess the pressure in a random tyre.
I think we have all had that same bug Wully, Lorraine is just getting over it and it has taken her 3 weeks, some good fund raising ideas in your post, I do like the roll a coin for the bottle game, I will have a think what to do before the rallies start. (y)

I would like to suggest the next BIG meet Wully attends, and as a means to raising funds.

On Wully’s arrival, his diet for the duration of meet is salad, ONLY. Fresh orange juice, ONLY, fresh water aloud to maintain his hydration levels. What do you think Wully, smoke salad, would this work 😋

A really boring (even by my standards ...) suggestion. An increase in the subscription of £2 or even £5 , depending upon the membership size, with the funds ringfenced for the defibrillator fund

Steve

I am ducking behind the parapet as I write this: whilst I appreciate we need to raise funds for the defibs, hence our bring and buy at our rallies that can carry on quietly in the background, we are trying to keep our rallies simple.

I am ducking behind the parapet as I write this: whilst I appreciate we need to raise funds for the defibs, hence our bring and buy at our rallies that can carry on quietly in the background, we are trying to keep our rallies simple.
Hence my boring suggestion to add a few £ to the subscription, because the Rally Stewards are unlikely to be sitting twiddling their thumbs (y). Equally, neither Elaine nor I drink (though we have consumed 10 beers between us in the last 8 weeks, wee sots though we are ...), and we tend not to be in the bar when raffles etc are underway. Finally, with my cardiac history and hot coffee bathing penchant, if anyone is likely to need medical attention, I doubt that I'm a rank outsider in the betting! I'll bring some pennies along to the next Rally that we arrive at, and stay the course :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Back