Defibrilator Fund

My vote would be for an extra £ or two per night for the rallies rather than an increase in subscription.

My reasoning for this is that when I signed up (and no doubt others too) the agreement was that my fee would be fixed for the lifetime of my membership, so breaking this would be wrong no matter how good the justification. Following on from that, increasing the fee for some but not others would not be fair.

Obviously, increasing the cost per night would mean I would pay more overall, but from what I've seen the rallies are excellent value anyway, so I'd be more than happy with that.

Rally Stewards are unlikely to be sitting twiddling their thumbs (y).

Steve
Steve, I know of one (who shall remain shameless, I mean, nameless :whistle: ) Who is partial to neglecting steward duties, and indeed, a master of thumb twiddling.

I agree with AndyWill64. As a member based in Northern Ireland, I am unlikely to attend a rally as the ferry crossing alone would be prohibitive.
In fact I felt it unjust when rally goers had their attendance fees reduced by £2 as it gave the impression that most of the membership were subsidising the rallies.
Rallies are a good thing, I try to attend my local C&CC meets for the many benefits, so I have no axe to grind. I did think that when the idea of defibrillators was raised that it was an excellent idea. I was just surprised that the £2 discount was not rescinded and used in a fund to buy and maintain the defibrillators.
It is my belief that the rallies need to cover their own running costs with an additional small fund for projects such as this.

Davy

In fact I felt it unjust when rally goers had their attendance fees reduced by £2 as it gave the impression that most of the membership were subsidising the rallies.

Davy

The £2 rally attendance fee was actually added for insurance regulations during the covid pandemic, therefore the only members who paid this were the members who attended the rallies and not the club members who do not attend them, so when the insurance was changed last year the £2 rally attendance fee was dropped, it was only fair to pass on this discount to the members who attend the rallies, therefore there was no change to club subscription fees whatsoever either before the £2 fee was added or after it was removed from the rally attendance fees

we actually did the coin roll at new year using 20 p pieces we took a couple of the bottles donated to the raffle with donators approval and got an extra £35 for the dogs trust i think, i’d first seen the bottle roll at my rugby club and it can be a big earner we also used to do one involving a fiver folded in half on the dart board you had to put 3 darts in the note one from 7’6”” one from 6’ & the last from 9 ft away, seeing all the kids at the snowball fight you could sell ammo for that

Not sure if you know, but the Motorhomer rallies have now been reduced by £2 per night, making them even better value!

The Kelso rally has been reduced to £15 per van per night. This is an excellent rally with a pleasant walk into the town. If you have not been before, I would recommend it.

Hi Jeff,

My post regarding the reduction in rally fees was based on the quoted post. It did not appear clear that this was Covid insurance related or a short term measure.

I wish you well in your fundraising.

Davy

My vote would be for an extra £ or two per night for the rallies rather than an increase in subscription.

My reasoning for this is that when I signed up (and no doubt others too) the agreement was that my fee would be fixed for the lifetime of my membership, so breaking this would be wrong no matter how good the justification. Following on from that, increasing the fee for some but not others would not be fair.

Obviously, increasing the cost per night would mean I would pay more overall, but from what I've seen the rallies are excellent value anyway, so I'd be more than happy with that.
I have never increased anyone's subscription cost as long as the member does not cancel that subscription knowingly. I will never change this, as my word is more important to me than money will ever be.

The cost of rallies needs to be shouldered by the people attending rallies as Motorhomes Ltd does not profit from them.

Phil

I have never increased anyone's subscription cost as long as the member does not cancel that subscription knowingly. I will never change this, as my word is more important to me than money will ever be.

The cost of rallies needs to be shouldered by the people attending rallies as Motorhomes Ltd does not profit from them.

Phil
Well said Phil 👏🏻

Phil

Phil, I hope you didn't take my post as suggesting that you had or would do. Someone mentioned increasing the subscription as an option, and I was just explaining my thinking against this.

FWIW..
I have attended rallies and fully support their need for the De-Fib KIT and maintenance.
As these are intended for rallies (only) I suggest that either
A small charge is included in rally fees
B a voluntary donation at rallies is arranged

C of course no harm in reminding on here so those "who do not rally" can assist

Phil, I hope you didn't take my post as suggesting that you had or would do. Someone mentioned increasing the subscription as an option, and I was just explaining my thinking against this.
'twas me. Guilty as charged, but I also explained my reasoning for the proposal. Phil's response kills my proposal and I am happy to withdraw it

Steve

Years ago Phil held a online game for the most posts in a set time the prize was a frontier stove I was desperate to win it though if I hadn’t I would have bought one anyway, well I didn’t win but Edina did and he donated the stove to me and Bill as a wedding present I have recently sold that stove to another member for a £100 that money will be donated to the fund as soon as the purchase is complete.

Back