lithium fire

I am hoping I can remove my spare wheel and cradle, and replace it with the same weight in water. I've only just got the mh so I'll have to investigate resultant pipework. Or another option woud be to remove the grey water tank and replace it with another fresh water tank and a tiny grey tank. I recall the summer of 1976 when we were told by the government to water our gardens with washing up water so I don't see why we shouldn't water the layby hedges with it.
Just double check any breakdown cover you may have. Mine will come and change a wheel so long as I have a spare but it requires a spare. Think mines through LV still. That’s on my van not cars 👍

Yes I was aware of that. I think that if you have a spare tyre they will send a fitter. But as you say, check. I'm off to a weighbridge on Monday having bought a 2019 A/S which originally had 3650kg mgw, and has been downplated to 3500. But it has hydraulic levellers, sat dish (anyone want to buy a self seeking satellite system?) and hab air con in addition to the spare wheel and unnecessary rear corner steadies which will go as soon as I can find a spanner to fit. But it only has 65W solar, so I am trying to find a panel to double that which will fit on the roof amongst all the other stuff I will never use.

Just double check any breakdown cover you may have. Mine will come and change a wheel so long as I have a spare but it requires a spare. Think mines through LV still. That’s on my van not cars 👍
What if the vehicle was not supplied with a spare though? Can't be expected to have something that has never been there, can you?
My Motorhome never came with a spare wheel from new, so they would be obliged to do a recovery if they don't have a spare they could use.

I checked with AA in 2021, Neil, and they confirmed that they would attend for a 'No Spare' puncture, but suggested we tell the Agent dealing with the Call, so that they could ensure that the Patrol Staff could ensure that they had a supply of the sealing Gunk on their Van

Steve

What if the vehicle was not supplied with a spare though? Can't be expected to have something that has never been there, can you?
My Motorhome never came with a spare wheel from new, so they would be obliged to do a recovery if they don't have a spare they could use.
Don’t know Dave, I just know a couple instances where breakdown wouldn’t attend until they had a spare. On one occasion someone went to a local scrap yard to get suitable wheel/tyre and they then came out.

I checked with AA in 2021, Neil, and they confirmed that they would attend for a 'No Spare' puncture, but suggested we tell the Agent dealing with the Call, so that they could ensure that the Patrol Staff could ensure that they had a supply of the sealing Gunk on their Van

Steve
Hmmm, I thought one that refused was AA but you know my memory. The sealing gunk will only work with punctures in the tread I think as well. I know in the car, all the punctures I got were on the sidewalls (country lanes where I used to live) and in the end I stopped trying to use it. Just went straight down but sidewall on rocks is more of a slash

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back