Side marker lights.

NB. this is for a 2019 - X290 Citroen Relay 3.5t L4....6.363mtr.
Type A looks the one. Sadly the original bulb holder broke off, the bulb holder supplied with moulding is similar to type A but I shall have to connect it to the power supply. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice, it looks as if I'm heading in the right direction :)

Would theses replace the light / cover the hole left by it wouldn't be difficult to replace then all to have a matching set
They look great and look so similar I may not even have to replace the other lamps. They are slightly narrower than the existing lamps but as you say it wouldn't be difficult to change them all if I thought it necessary.
Having cables too it would be simple to connect them to the power supply.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks to everyone for your help ........ watch this space

Type A looks the one. Sadly the original bulb holder broke off, the bulb holder supplied with moulding is similar to type A but I shall have to connect it to the power supply. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice, it looks as if I'm heading in the right direction :)
These dimensions are 11cm x 5cm which are the same length but 1cm narrower

20240115_132451.jpg20240115_132241.jpg20240115_132141.jpg

Would theses replace the light / cover the hole left by it wouldn't be difficult to replace then all to have a matching set
What witszend is suggesting is basically what I do. I just stick them on with one of the instant grab construction gun glues on the market. So easy and quick and cheap.

I thought the requirement for side marker lights was based on length, not weight.
M1 class vehicles (which includes Motor Caravans) are not required to have side marker lamps. If fitted but not working, to avoid hassle, they can be taped over.
The tester should not remove the tape!

Pleased to have provided a talking point for everyone but no one answered the original question :(
It's your own fault! Someone posts a question about side markers and within 3 posts there's a massive conflab about their MOT status! Believe me we're not done yet, only 2 pages:sleep:.
I suggest you start a new post called "where can I get a bulb like this" and include a picture. BUT, if anyone askes if it's for a side marker for gods sake say "NO it's for a flashlight":ROFLMAO:

EDIT.
The spec says it's a 5Watt W5W lamp, you can get them in a 2 pack from Screwfix

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments. The MOT commentators will all be pleased as the light is now working thanks to all the constructive advice given.

However the mould panel clips and holes dont seem to quite line up so the job is not yet finished. I've ordered some new clips so I can have another go. These new clips look as if there is a bit of adjustment allowed for so will let my followers know how I get on.

20240117_150119.jpg20240117_150108.jpg

Looks pretty.

Out of interest, do ask the MOT inspector when you take it if it would have made any difference to the actual inspection ;)

Already have and he says no. On a vehicle of my size they are not part of the MOT which is why I found the discussion so amusing :)
And not just your size but your type as well :)

Usual discussions but you could have stopped after post #5 ( ;) ) .

My motorhome has marker lights down the sides. Only the ones at the back have worked for many years. It passes MOTs without advisories.

I did buy a set of replacement LED marker lights when one was actually broken, but most are still in the spares pile.

I bought a full set (on the Slow Boat) so they match. I suggest you do the same.

A set of six or eight lamps will be cheaper than one replacement cover.

My motorhome has marker lights down the sides. Only the ones at the back have worked for many years. It passes MOTs without advisories.

I did buy a set of replacement LED marker lights when one was actually broken, but most are still in the spares pile.

I bought a full set (on the Slow Boat) so they match. I suggest you do the same.

A set of six or eight lamps will be cheaper than one replacement cover.
Might be a good idea to fit them which may save some blind tw-t running into you at night.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back