Weather Report..................

Funny old day's weather. Managed 3 meals outdoors.
As we finished breakfast, it clouded over and looked ominous.
Then brightened up.
Walking back from the village, in shorts, T shirt and sandals , I was happily surprised by a short, sharp shower
Lunched on the terrace.. to be rained off, as we started eating.
By the time we'd ferried everything indoors, it had stopped.
We've been outside since our 5.30 sundowner, needing ice cubes..
Evening meal made interesting by a swarm of hornets, attracted by the lights.
Zapped 14, a personal best...
About to murder numbers 15 and 16...
Who needs TV ?

YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY.........and more yucky here in n.yorks.........like thick pea soup....all day....bin back to bed this afternoon............can someone send some sunshine to this area,,,,,,,,,

It's the same foul weather all over the country today, Trixie.
There's a watery sun trying to show its face, but there are more black clouds rolling in fast behind.

Definitely a day/weekend for staying indoors and keeping snug and dry 😉 (y)

Beautiful morning after a hot, sticky night, following our decision to set our bed up for Autumn.
Management was prowling around , opening windows, all night. .
5 minutes of gentle rain was not the most welcome awakening, at 5 am.
Not enough to wash the roof off, but the large Toad that was looking up at me, when I opened up, seemed pretty happy..
Maybe pretty is the wrong word.

It's very wet, very mild and very windy in Herts.
So a day for indoor jobs - like making my first sourdough loaf now that my yeast has activated.
How exciting.

Colin :):):)

Last edited:
It's very wet, very mild and very windy in Herts.
So a day for indoor jobs - like making my first soughdough loaf now that my yeast has activated.
How exciting.

Friend and neighbour over the fields from us has been making sourdough bread from the same sourdough for the last 17 years.

He's going to give me some along with various recipes sometime soon ;)

Friend and neighbour over the fields from us has been making sourdough bread from the same sourdough for the last 17 years.

He's going to give me some along with various recipes sometime soon ;)

I just love sourdough bread, Marie. I've been making more conventional bread for years.
My sample of sourdough starter originally came from Oregon - it's the Carl Griffith's 1847 culture. (Those last 4 words are a hyperlink but the colour isn't the usual bright blue for some reason - but you can click on them for the link!)

Back