Weather Report..................

This maybe a repeat but I sometimes forget to push the Post Button
28deg here in Thailand..RealFeel 34
Sunny and clear but a nice breeze !
A bit cool at night 21 deg
With the possibility of of it going as low as 12 in early December.
Apart form the odd thunderstorm rain unlikely for several weeks.
The locals have all harvested their rice crop and it is out for drying on most of the available spare land and in some cases on one half of a rural road !
💚

The temperature plummeted to 19°C overnight here in Gran Canaria but despite that we left the patio doors onto the balcony open.
We're sufficiently tough for that.
Today it's warm and blue.
I've missed the Brompton and the gym here is being refurbished so we've wandered up the surrounding hills, around the rim of a volcanic cone and along barancas. The flora doesn't seem to have registered that it's winter. The bushes up on the hillsides appear dead from a distance:

IMG_20191120_105649.jpg

.... but up close:

IMG_20191120_105744.jpg

(This flower is about 1cm across).

The prickly pear fruit is ready to eat (but I forgot to take along my penknife):

IMG_20191121_135246.jpg

There's those beautiful examples of symbiosis, the lichen, in abundance:

IMG_20191121_135053.jpg

IMG_20191121_130453.jpg

And in the slightly less arid spots the Canaries Aeonium:

IMG_20191121_134714.jpg

(These flower heads are about 15cm base to apex).

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Love the Aeonium pics, Colin.
They grow like wildfire over here, dry down to sticks over the summer and revive quickly after the first rain.
The locals call them Gipsy Cheese.
It's a calm, humid, 16 degrees outside. More songbirds have arrived today.
A lone, optimistic Cricket is singing away...
He'll be lucky..!
I tried rubbing my legs together, as a callow, virginal youth....
I didn't pull, either.

Grey 15 degrees ... Not all bad news. At least I'll have a brandy with the coffee.
Pensioner's Treat tonight,.
While we're due to be out and about, it's supposed to rain heavily.
It's too warm to wear that huge, charity shop, leather jacket that I bought in UK.
I'm regretting leaving my lightweight raincoat behind now.
Mustn't grumble.

It was a comfortable 19°C overnight here in Gran Canaria with the slightest movement of air.
The stars were out in all their splendour thanks to very little light pollution in this particular area.
Today it's warming nicely but there are some rather troubling clouds dotted above us:

IMG_20191125_133212.jpg

So there's absolutely nothing for me to be smug about.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

It was a comfortable 19°C overnight here in Gran Canaria with the slightest movement of air.
The stars were out in all their splendour thanks to very little light pollution in this particular area.
Today it's warming nicely but there are some rather troubling clouds dotted above us:

View attachment 51494

So there's absolutely nothing for me to be smug about.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

😎😎 Not jealous at all!

The flora and fauna here in the Canaries is both interesting and, to someone from Hertfordshire, exotic.
I came across this potter wasp (the nests are made of clay in the shape of a pot) extracting lunch from the berries on a garden shrub earlier:

IMG_20191126_145126~3.jpg

It's about 30mm long and, though these wasps are supposed to have a relatively gentle temperament, I wouldn't want to be stung by one that's having a bad day.
They lay a solitary egg in their pot-shaped nests and provision it with paralysed caterpillars for their offspring to feed on.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back