Weather Report..................

andyjanet;n6441 said:
First frost here in Surrey since 23march, bloody cold walking the dog

We had frost in Hertfordshire earlier this autumn. The first scrape of the year is always a shock to the fingers.
On the BBC website I see that plenty of cold is forecast for the next week or so.

In the meantime the Canary Islands are 27°C and breezy with a hazy sun. It's difficult to endure but I'm doing my best.

Colin ???

Jeanette;n6446 said:
Jack is here now so it'll be a lovely sunny day today!!

If Jack has influence like that is there any chance you could organise a trip to Hertfordshire please, Jeanette?

Colin ???

Pauljenny;n6504 said:
Morning all.
13 degrees,at 6.30.
watery sunrise,on the terrace, mug of Yorkshire Tea and Test Special on LW via the vintage steam radio.

Fascinating cricket and a pleasure to be alive.

Some days just start SO well, Paul. Thanks for the update.
Does the ether usually carry signal that far down to you?

Colin ???

Edina;n6509 said:
Us Devon dumplings now have sun, after a frosty start :The_Sun_Emoji:

CTL, Devon Dumplings ......... can't wait to see what else you have in store for us! Thanks for the update.

Colin ???

Now why didn't I think of that! Thanks for the update, Tes.

Colin ???

2cv;n6539 said:
Sunny in Moffat

That looks great! I love the combination of snow and blue sky. Thanks for the update, 2v.

Colin ???

It's still breezy with alternate hazy and bright sunshine and about 27°C so walked along to the lighthouse at the western end of the bay that harbours Playa Blanca.
This is where the sea is eroding the ancient lava flow and producing gritty black sand.

WP_20171125_12_03_42_Pro (2).jpg

Colin ???

Last edited:
Afternoon all the weather was lovely sunny and frosty morning and now it's putting in rather cold so I think it's going to be another frosty morning tomorrow (hopefully)!!

Jeanette;n6621 said:
Afternoon all the weather was lovely sunny and frosty morning and now it's putting in rather cold so I think it's going to be another frosty morning tomorrow (hopefully)!!

Thanks, Jeanette. It's going to be one hell of a shock when I return to the UK.

Colin ???

Full Member;n6560 said:
Some days just start SO well, Paul. Thanks for the update.
Does the ether usually carry signal that far down to you?

Colin ???
Listening on a 1975 ITT transistor radio... They had beefy RF gain amps, in those days.

Reasonably strong signal, between dusk and dawn, unless storms are about. Some crackling,popping and whistles.. A bit like 78RPM records.. Adds character .

Sky don't allow us to listen live, on Radio 5 Sports Extra.. On the web.
No sign of the forecast rain. Jenny has left
washer loads to dry overnight,on the line. I used the water for the garden .

If that doesn't bring rain, nothing will.

Pauljenny;n6674 said:
Listening on a 1975 ITT transistor radio... They had beefy RF gain amps, in those days.

Reasonably strong signal, between dusk and dawn, unless storms are about. Some crackling,popping and whistles.. A bit like 78RPM records.. Adds character .

Sky don't allow us to listen live, on Radio 5 Sports Extra.. On the web.

I used to work in ITT's research labs. It's a small world. I imagine that you really miss BBC World Sevice on SW.
In another thread members have discussed VPN providers. That might be a solution to the problem of accessing Player, Sky etc. for you.
I liked your final sentence!
Please continue to let us know how the weather goes. The King of Morocco has asked his subjects to join him in praying for rain. According to the BBC that's a Muslim tradition going back to The Prophet.

Colin ???

Pauljenny;n6674 said:

Paint the front door Paul - sure way to make it rain.

Haven't been out yet, but expecting a frost down yere in Lorna Doone land.

Here at the Abingdon meet it’s very frosty little globules of frozen water all over the outside of the van.

Campervanannie;n6727 said:
Here at the Abingdon meet it’s very frosty little globules of frozen water all over the outside of the van.

Thanks Annie. I hope the meet goes really well.
Please pass on my best wishes to all.

Colin ???

Edina;n6711 said:
Paint the front door Paul - sure way to make it rain.

Haven't been out yet, but expecting a frost down yere in Lorna Doone land.

I knew there'd be other names for Devon up your sleeve! Thanks, Edina.

Colin ???

Tes;n6749 said:
cooooolllllldddddd brrrrrrrr

Thanks, Tes. I trust that you base this on physical experience as opposed to enquiring of the BBC?

Colin ???

It worked..
warm and cloudless at 11pm. We left the Velux rooflights ajar.

At 2 am.... Pitter-patter.
We jumped out of bed,shut the Veluxes and brought the laundry in, getting slightly damp, in the process.

The rain had stopped before we were back in bed.... Good excuse to listen to the cricket..

Lovely sunny 18 degrees, breakfast on the upper terrace. We can see that the coast is very gloomy and cloudy, 7 miles to the south.

Luckily the wind is currently gentle NNW.

We are walking the 500 metres to the monthly open-air gipsy market.

The laundry is hanging back up again.
What could go wrong?

Full Member;n6765 said:
Thanks, Tes. I trust that you base this on physical experience as opposed to enquiring of the BBC?

Colin ???

Indeed I am... maybe I should put on a jumper or turn up the heating.

Tes;n6781 said:
Indeed I am... maybe I should put on a jumper or turn up the heating.

..........or both?

28°C here on the Canary islands today. Just thought you'd like to know.

Colin ???

Back