What made you smile today.

Jeanette;n33162 said:
Colin I saw these flowers on Saturday when we went to Eyemouth and wondered what they were called

I hope I'm correct, Jeanette!
Even if I'm not they're still little beauties.

Colin ???

Today was bright and breezy so we went for a bike ride around Lekkerland, Netherlands. The highlight of the tourist spots here are the 19 windmills which used to drain the (below sea level) countryside by pumping the water from the polders up into the river Lek. Built nearly 300 years ago the mills are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Windmills are to be found all over the Netherlands but it's the concentration of mills here that makes the area special:

WP_20180423_11_37_34_Rich.jpg

WP_20180423_11_38_36_Rich.jpg

As you might imagine, the work of draining the land is now done by electrically powered archimedian screw pumps.
There is car parking and a water bus for those not wanting to walk or cycle and there is no charge for access to the area - in fact the locals use it as a thoroughfare!

All in all lots to smile at here.

Colin ???

Phil getting the Henley music festival meet - brilliant location

Linda;n32699 said:
Our very talented daughter made this 18th birthday cake for our grandson. Love it!

I've just had a second look at this, Linda. At first sight I'd somehow completely missed the theme.
Doh!.
It's brilliant.

Colin ???

When a motorhome owner got fined 200 euros for emptying his toilet down a manhole in Cullera today not saying what country he came from or i will be called a racist

I’m smiling on the inside despite the back end of man flu

Campervanannie;n33284 said:
I’m smiling on the inside despite the back end of man flu

Have you had a cold Annie, you should have mentioned it :b0230:

Edina;n33285 said:
Have you had a cold Annie, you should have mentioned it :b0230:

cold COLD I have had the worse man flu any man has ever had I have been proper poorly at deaths door no less but not to worry I am on the mend and only 3 days until I waist some diesel ?

Campervanannie;n33344 said:
cold COLD I have had the worse man flu any man has ever had I have been proper poorly at deaths door no less but not to worry I am on the mend and only 3 days until I waist some diesel ?

Glad you're feeling loads better x x x x

2cv;n33557 said:
Gambolling lambs

I had to look that one up.
Can we keep it simple?
Please?

Colin ???

This morning I saw a couple of Lepus europaeus boxing in the early morning rain.
Beats gambolling.

It must be spring.

Colin :):):)

Full Member;n33594 said:
This morning I saw a couple of Lepus europaeus boxing in the early morning rain.
Beats gambolling.

It must be spring.

what made me smile is my own crazy head as I read this. I read the first part as "I saw a couple of leprechauns boxing in the early morning rain."
I have not had any morphine today either, does not bode well lol! :Tongue_Out_Emoji_wi

Tes;n33680 said:
what made me smile is my own crazy head as I read this. I read the first part as "I saw a couple of leprechauns boxing in the early morning rain."
I have not had any morphine today either, does not bode well lol! :Tongue_Out_Emoji_wi

You are not alone, Tes.
And I'm not on pain killers!

Lepus europaeus should ban big word 1 i cant spell them 2 ihave to try and type them into google to get the mean 3 then init usaully cosist of big words which need more typing into google 4 4 then go back to two again untill i dssapear from going round circles

ps Lepus europaeus hare shorten version

pps iam on pain killers lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back