What made you smile today.

oh, smiley, smiley, smiley...managed to get in the vehicle ...and drive it...even tho it was only couple of streets away.........first time in almost 2 months.....sooo good. also felt i had achieved something. still in a lot of pain tho, but getting there.

Here in Hereford they are marking the May weekend by celebrating the Mappa Mundi as well as having a festival on the banks of the Wye.
Last evening there was a Mummers Play, music and dance outside the Cathedral followed by a torch light procession through the lanes leading down to the Wye. Illuminated floats (literally!) carrying more blazing torches then passed down the Wye to a public space where there was more music, dance, beer, cider and food. A thoroughly enjoyable spectacle which made me smile quite a bit.

It's a shame my ancient brain forgot the camera!

Colin ???

So much to smile about at the Hereford meet, great company, great location, great weather.

Seeing Tes at Hereford made me smile.

Colin ???

Ann and Rae made me smile this morning:

WP_20180506_11_20_19_Rich (2).jpg

On a more positive note an ice cream van visits the Hereford meet late afternoon each day.

Colin ???

The view of Hereford Cathedral residing between the Wye and a clear blue sky made me smile this afternoon:

WP_20180506_14_26_24_Rich.jpg

Colin ???

a HOST OF GOLDEN DANDILIONS SCATTERING MY BACK LAWN (grass) MIXED WITH BLUE FORGEMENOTS>>>>

trixie88;n34197 said:
a HOST OF GOLDEN DANDILIONS SCATTERING MY BACK LAWN (grass) MIXED WITH BLUE FORGEMENOTS>>>>

There's a poem about that isn't there? :b0230:

Opening up a failed Truma gas regulator to try to understand just why it failed made me smile.
I know I'm weird.

Colin :):):)

Thought I could hear a quad bike just over the hedge, but soon realised it was a microlight taking off into a perfect sky.

Seeing the Hot Air Balloons (from Telford 50th Anniversary Balloon and Kite Fair) going over early this morning - I smiled thinking how many of the peeps in the basket had changed their minds and could do nothing about it!

Edina;n34198 said:
There's a poem about that isn't there? :b0230:

hahha... there is a peom about a host of golden DAFFODILS chris, however, my abundnce of flowers were DANDILIONS. quite like them actually nice and bright and cheerie......

Dandelions are fascinating plants. They have an interesting alternative common name which refers to the effect of the diuretic they produce, are great in salads (all parts of the plant are edible), the roots can be roasted and used to make a drink quite unlike decent coffee and the word dandelion refers to the leaf shape.
There must be other interesting facts about such a common yet beautiful plant ..................................

Colin ???

Flashback to Hereford and some slightly fuzzy pics of the Mappa Mundi celebrations and the vikings ready for the procession with the torches. Being true wildcampers, we created our own little campfire outside the beer tent with the remains of our torches.
The whole weekend made me smile :Hugging_Face_Emoji:

20180504_205057.jpg :Smiling_Face_with_H 20180504_211713.jpg20180504_221830.jpg20180504_224129.jpg

Minisorella;n34627 said:
Flashback to Hereford and some slightly fuzzy pics of the Mappa Mundi celebrations and the vikings ready for the procession with the torches. Being true wildcampers, we created our own little campfire outside the beer tent with the remains of our torches.
The whole weekend made me smile :Hugging_Face_Emoji:

:Smiling_Face_with_H

Thanks for that, Jenny. I forgot to take a camera or phone along that evening. The photos certainly bring back some wonderful memories.

Colin ???

This shop in Hadleigh, Essex caught my eye earlier today.

WP_20180515_13_09_46_Rich (2).jpg

It was full of expectant local (Essex) girls. They looked disappointed.
It put a smile on my boat race good an proper, mate.
Know wot I mean?

Colin ???

Last edited:
Shopping in Oxford with my daughter - we happened to stand in front of the men's swimming shorts in very bright colours ..... I said they remind me of Colin's beauties and Claire said they reminded her of Charlie, both at Hereford....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back