2024 France/Spain Tour.

Terry I love these photos of the great organs. My Dad and my brother were both cathedral organists and I always took photos of the churches we visited when travelling, especially with superb organs and they much appreciated it when I sent the photos. Sadly they have both passed away within the past couple of years and these days I have nobody to send my piccies to!!
Sorry to hear of their recent passing, Tony. You can post organ pics here on the forum, I’m sure many members will enjoy looking at these master pieces.

Organ pics..?
Good job this is the sensible website.
You'd have the usual suspects taking that totally the wrong way, if you posted that on Wildcamping.

Keep on posting, Terry, It's been a joy following your travels.

Here ya go, an explanation of the upside down signs. As described by Korky, Basically another farmers protest about ridiculous new directives which appear to contradict themselves.

Davy
And now I know, thanks this.

It’s crazy though, we can go to a supermarket to but a kilo of strawberry’s, the norm this year and last, we have the choice of French @ eg: €5 a kilo, Spanish @ €4 a kilo. I won’t mention Moroccan fruit even cheaper. Nothing EU with the fat cats at Brussels!!

And now I know, thanks this.

It’s crazy though, we can go to a supermarket to but a kilo of strawberry’s, the norm this year and last, we have the choice of French @ eg: €5 a kilo, Spanish @ €4 a kilo. I won’t mention Moroccan fruit even cheaper. Nothing EU with the fat cats at Brussels!!
Don't understand the reference to Brussels, Terry. The prices you quote for the same type and amount of fruit are different because of differences in the domestic wage rates in the different economies (and Morocco is not an EU Member, so Brussels is even more irrelevant). Each Member State's domestic economy is a matter of 'national competence' and the EU has no locus or jurisdiction in its conduct

When it comes to EU policies, each Member State has legal and constitutional representation to prevent any practices that would be inconsistent with the country's domestic Constitution, so there is no 'Brussels imposition'; there will be 'horse trading' between the 27 Members on practical issues, to reach a consensus, and this will then become the EU policy after the European Parliament has voted the legislation through

Steve

Sitting outside this morning watching the Swallows swoop down to a tyre crested pool of water slowly drying out, then gather up some mud in their tiny beak, then fly off to their under construction nest made from the mud. Simple, yet amazing to see.
IMG_6554.jpegIMG_6553.jpegIMG_6552.jpeg

Took a wander over to the Abbey, intended to visit, but because I was wearing shorts and a T, I would have to wear a gown of sorts, stuff that, it is a proper working abbaye, and some of those monks have dirty habits 🫢

IMG_6563.jpeg

LaGrasse certainly deserves BVF recognition. Lovely wee village with some homes dating to the 14th century, the Abbaye itself, is over 1300 year old.

Usual narrow streets, which are all east to walk around, which is what we did. Four to five hour is suffice to meander, we are getting ready to drive further north soon.

The CP aire has the usual facilities, no ehu, there are public toilets less than a five minute walk from CP.

Cost: €9 for 24 hour park up, I’d suggest a late arrival. Ticket machine is CC and cash.

IMG_6571.jpegIMG_6570.jpegIMG_6569.jpegIMG_6568.jpegIMG_6576.jpegIMG_6575.jpegIMG_6572.jpegIMG_6566.jpeg

We must have done well over half of the PBV’s in our years of travelling here. Some are superb and well worth a visit (Charroux springs to mind) but some are disappointing. The other night we stopped over at Sauveterre-de-Rouergue and although a lovely place architecturally it was dead. No bars or restos open - apparently some stooshie with the Maire who has forced them to close for not sticking to the rules!!!

This is a 1960's 2CV but it doesn't look quite right? It should have a "ripple" bonnet but it looks like it may have a more modern one? My Old "Doris" is 1986 and I've had her since 2006

View attachment 73033
I think you’re right there, the interior looks older than the exterior.
Doris looks very nice, let me introduce her to Daisy

IMG_5801.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back