2024 France/Spain Tour.

I’m looking for advice, does anyone know when it is going to stop raining in Scotland, I need to start thinking about booking our train soon?

According to my solar generation at home it was sunny all day yesterday and not too bad again today in Banchory so you’ve missed it Terry! Should have booked a week or so back.

According to my solar generation at home it was sunny all day yesterday and not too bad again today in Banchory so you’ve missed it Terry! Should have booked a week or so back.
Do you still hide your key under the big stone to left hand side of your front door? 😁

Checking my cameras, chucking it down again in Mid 😭

Yesterday’s generation - pity the powerwalls are full and we’re not there to use the free electricity so it has to go to the grid.

IMG_1369.png

We’re in Amboise now and very slowly heading for Noirmutier over the next few days. Then a couple of weeks in Brittany (mainly to get a Breton bowl painted up with the name of our latest grandchild -Raasay - as you can’t get that one off the shelf. Tradition is all our grandkids have their name on a Breton bowl). Then ferry from Roscoff or St Malo to home before the end of June (mainly so I can get a reading to submit for my FIT payment before month end!!)

The sun disappeared late morning, rain, which was very little, put the brakes on cycling over to Turenne, another BVF, and a short distance La Rouge.

There are steep hills once you enter the old town with the fortress at the top. I would not recommend if you have mobility issues.

Unfortunately, the lovely church and much of the fortress are shrouded in scaffold for much needed restoration work, which made taking images difficult.

To enter the fortress cost €8, and as there was an hour left before closing, we may head back tomorrow, if we can be bothered doing the climb again?
IMG_6663.jpegIMG_6662.jpegIMG_6660.jpeg
IMG_6659.jpegIMG_6658.jpegIMG_6650.jpeg

If you have time on your travels Terry we were particularly enamoured with Talmont-sur-Gironde. Lovely little village stuck out on a promontory with some great eating places.
Tony, visited the village many year ago when Bea had a house near Royan. Although, I have no doubt the village will have changed since our visit.

We need to head back to Beas village, there is a skip ordered for delivery on Friday, then the task of clearing junk from basement, as a builder is in the diary to fix the flooding issue.

I think this will be our last BVF for this trip 😩

Now at Chauvigny, stop the night at the aire. MIL has a kitten, give her time to make arrangements for the kittens safety before the Rockster arrives and decides to polish it off 😳

Fueled the camper and did some shopping, then over to the village. After lunch we started breaking up an old three piece leather suite that has sat in the basement for decades. Found an old Mars Bar wrapper while breaking up the couch, check out the dates 😁

We then found an old sabre, along with its scabbard, unfortunately the latter was very rusty, sabre handle is brass, maybe bronze, a good clean required. A brutal weapon, a painful way to die!!

Then, a rifle, single bolt action, a large bore, possibly a 303? Sword belonged to Beas Grandad, who was a Calvary officer during WW1. Rifle was his also, I don’t think the rifle had any war connections, the rifle bolt I found separate, then refitted. Removed because B’s dad would have done the deed on himself while suffering the big C.

IMG_6669.jpegIMG_6675.jpegIMG_6671.jpeg

Last edited:
Geezus, some crap in this basement.

Bill, is this set of rear Citroen van doors of any value, the ribbed panel, is this part of the indide floor, maybe for engine access? I say to the skip, Bea says NON.IMG_6677.jpegIMG_6685.jpegIMG_6687.jpegIMG_6686.jpeg

Geezus, some crap in this basement.

Bill, is this set of rear Citroen van doors of any value, the ribbed panel, is this part of the indide floor, maybe for engine access? I say to the skip, Bea says NON.View attachment 73145View attachment 73146View attachment 73148View attachment 73147
Certainly some value there, and the floor looks solid too. Just a quick google brought up https://www.pamono.eu/door-from-citroen-acadiane-1950s that seem to sell them as objects but lots of places sell 2cv type parts. Certainly not for the skip!

Oh well, I’ll let Bea know and she can organise something on FB, may not be this year, can deal with it next visit. I’ll move out from the cave area, and move to a less damp room.
Cheers 🍻

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back