Adventure b4 DEMent1a

Del - we had failures with two Truma MonoControl regulators, one when were in Portugal. The first one started working after I continually pressed the green reset button. Some say they are susceptible to dirty gas, supposedly common in Spain. We now have a simple Cavagna type 424RV regulator - £21 as opposed to around £80 for the Truma. Hope you get it sorted.

Google Map now changed so anyone with link can view
We leave on our trip to France, Spain and Portugal tomorrow. Over the last few months I have been adding interesting places to a map. These came from a wide range of sources, including Motorhomer, and are intended to give us some ideas as we travel. Del you may want to pick up on some of the French ones on your way home. This link should open in Google Maps https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1RkwUW9nl2MPhb0gsYr9NNyDmfoUTvGVS&ll=41.51073756590122,1.3212312207031118&z=10

Del - we had failures with two Truma MonoControl regulators, one when were in Portugal. The first one started working after I continually pressed the green reset button. Some say they are susceptible to dirty gas, supposedly common in Spain. We now have a simple Cavagna type 424RV regulator - £21 as opposed to around £80 for the Truma. Hope you get it sorted.
Spoken to our ex resident gas guru. Was concerned that my lpg was contaminated, and that had damaged the regulator. He said it was unlikely, possibly just a failure. Note to self, take a spare next time.Went to a local dealer this morning to buy a alternative cheaper replacement and possibly a local bottle. Waited for ages for them to open, when finally the penny dropped. It’s the Mayday holiday. Sod’s law strikes again. Can I interest anyone in a selection of some, not so chilled food. The ice cream took a bashing last night, none of that left.
Nobody bothered me last night,so I’ve returned for a second.
It’s not a school, it’s a Cultural centre, come country park. Very popular on MayDay’s. Boots are going on,so if I can’t beat ‘em, I’ll join ‘em.

I had a failure of a Truma regulator at a similarly awkward (for me) time, at least a couple of days before I could source a replacement, so decided to have a look to see if I could save it.
Disconnected it and noticed the well documented oily residue within it, with nothing to lose I decided to attempt to clean it out, tried several products until eventually succeeded with brake cleaner, thoroughly washed it through and then dried it out and refitted it.
Total success, when shops were open again I bought a replacement, however as the original was still working OK and we were on holiday decided to keep it as spare.
I no longer have that van but still carry the replacement I bought just in case.

I’ll give cleaning it out a go when I get home. Got to be better than just binning it.
Been thinking about the amount of stuff I’ve bought with me. Was going to have a clear out. Now I don’t know. If something fails and the shops are open, it’s only a nuisance, if they’re closed it’s an inconvenience. I’m being inconvenienced. Not that I would have bought a regulator with me. That’s going to change.

You have the emergency gas cooker so you can get a brew Del, like Cha4lie said, eat the food and get in a local bar and join the celebrations :)

You have the emergency gas cooker so you can get a brew Del, like Cha4lie said, eat the food and get in a local bar and join the celebrations :)
Taken regulator off, ready for the morning . I’ve done the first bit of Cha4lies advice. Eaten so much not sure if I could walk into town. Can’t see my feet.
If the old bill wants to move me on, not a good idea to have a drink. I’m not on a official site. I’m boondocking in my RV. ?

€139.37. Just for the sake of it, let’s round it up to €140. I reckon that’s 140 reasons why I’ll take a spare regulator with me next trip. I know it’s the original replacement for the old one. It was the only one available, with a wait until Monday for an alternative. Once I got the bill it had already been fitted. But hey, I’ve got a holiday to do.
Now in France. Purely by chance I’m having my first night on the bank of the Canal du Midi. Wanted to visit here since I saw Timothy West and Prue Scales bring their narrow boat here. Very pleased, lovely place.

Makes it easier to bear if it was fitted Del, I thought that was handed to you price, main dealer labour won’t be cheap I doubt.

Does that make it €158 in total you have now spent apart from fuel? :)

Not saying you are tight like, just highly wound ha ha

Makes it easier to bear if it was fitted Del, I thought that was handed to you price, main dealer labour won’t be cheap I doubt.

Does that make it €158 in total you have now spent apart from fuel? :)

Not saying you are tight like, just highly wound ha ha
Add a bit of scoff in that and it’ll be way over €160. I’m not afraid of slashing the cash.?

Del - what are your plans for your route back through France? We are heading to Oradour Sur Glane and then Uzerche and will spend a few days in the area; Salat La Caneda, Tremolat, Monpazier, Conques and then to Pont d Arc. That’s the plan anyway. Will are paths cross?

Del - what are your plans for your route back through France? We are heading to Oradour Sur Glane and then Uzerche and will spend a few days in the area; Salat La Caneda, Tremolat, Monpazier, Conques and then to Pont d Arc. That’s the plan anyway. Will are paths cross?
I’m in Mende atm, drove through Millau yesterday, a very dramatic gorge. In sunshine, it would have been even better. Lol. Had it not been so busy, I’d like to have stayed. It was difficult to find somewhere to park long enough to reset the satnav.
The weather seems to have stymied my travel plans yet again . Spending an hour or so on the BBC weather app, it looks like I’ll get back in to some sunshine if I swing east towards Avignon and Provence, I’ll be able to take off this fleece and get the shorts back on. I’ll have many opportunities to freeze when I get home. Sitting here with my hands around a cup of tea. Thinking of putting the heating on. This wasn’t in my plans.
I’ll visit the Ardeche another time.
It looks like you’re going up the west coast, if that’s correct, then it’s not likely. No problem, we’ll meet up in a field somewhere in England ??????? during the year.
Question to experienced Euro travellers. Is the cold weather we’ve had this spring unusual, or was I planning this trip wearing rose coloured glasses? Yes, I’ve had some good days, but nowhere near as many as I expected.

Most folks who go for the sun would just hit the coast around where your sister is then stay there Del, at least til warmer Spanish months are here.

Maybe should have gone to Morocco instead?

Most folks who go for the sun would just hit the coast around where your sister is then stay there Del, at least til warmer Spanish months are here.

Maybe should have gone to Morocco instead?
Or Australia, Syria, Iraq, Cleethorpes

Just remember in general coast warmer, more crowded less to see. Away from coast adventure but may need a jumper ha ha

Anyway I have been in shorts for ages so don’t know what you are doing in long trousers with warm rain and snow! :)

We will be heading to the south east, will be a few days until we are in the Avignon area. Will update as we travel in that direction.

We will be heading to the south east, will be a few days until we are in the Avignon area. Will update as we travel in that direction.
Great, keep me advised. I can be down this way for a week or so. Got to be in Calais by the 19th

Most folks who go for the sun would just hit the coast around where your sister is then stay there Del

Big sister is in Finchley atm. I think the weather is worse there.

Yesterday’s drive from Mende to Alès, circuit of the valleys ( my translation). Stunning! There’s not many times I wished I could have been sitting in the passenger seat. This would have been one of those. Well maybe.
Not knowing which way to look, left, right, up, down, the road in front, probably the best. Maybe a trip best taken in a coach.
To be recommend.

Beautiful sunny day,almost cloudless. Wind, according to the BBC weather app is 68. That would be km’s so only just over 40mph. I’ll not be going very far today. Might take a walk to the bin ?. Not much further.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back