Annie’s big European adventure

Post deleted.
The updated software doesn't like France.

Colin ???

Erm what was it the Colin? Or shouldn’t I ask :unsure::oops:

I'm not one to embarrass young ladies, Jeanette, so I'd rather not say.
Suffice it to say that I wish that I hadn't been wearing the Red Beauties when I finally cleared the grey waste tank blockage.

Colin ???

Last edited:
We have an uninterrupted view of La Loire from our wild camp today with still, humid, 27°C air surrounding us.
So this afternoon Annie settled down to admire the view:

WP_20190422_14_53_10_Pro.jpg

......though the view may have been a trifle blurred through her eye lids.

Colin ???

We have an uninterrupted view of La Loire from our wild camp today with still, humid, 27°C air surrounding us.
So this afternoon Annie settled down to admire the view:

View attachment 44736

......though the view may have been a trifle blurred through her eye lids.

Colin ???

It was afternoon nap time ???

Oh Annie look at your pics, can't understand why you are there, Scotland has rain,hail,snow and midges, all in five minutes, hope your not regretting your choice
Don’t worry I still love Scotland and I’ll be back ?

Having eaten largely continental style breakfasts since leaving England, the Yorkshire Wanderer has decided to introduce France to an alternative start to the day.

WP_20190423_09_15_36_Pro.jpg

.............that'll be a bacon buttie by the canal, then.

Colin ???

never fail to marvel at the work which has gone into these building........none of the uptodte reuipment and machinery which we have today...........cherrypickers, cranes......scafolding...etc. etc.......
all the intricate work ....leaves the mind a thinking and a wondering....how did they do it.

As reported above, The Wanderer visited Nevers today. As well as the Cathedral, The Wanderer passed by the Chateau (hereabouts known as The Palais after earlier well-placed occupants). You'll need to look closely at this one:

WP_20190423_12_09_45_Pro.jpg

..........rolled a heavy spherical stone ball with ease:

WP_20190423_12_42_01_Pro.jpg

..........and proved to me that solar panels do grow on trees:

WP_20190423_12_34_40_Pro.jpg

Silly Girl.

Colin ???

La Loire, it's tributaries, and the Canal Latéral de La Loire twist and turn through the same valley and occasionally have a need to pass by each other. One of the places where this occurs is at the Pont Canal du Guetin where the canal goes up two locks, over the Allier, and down again, carrying boats:

WP_20190423_14_43_19_Pro.jpg

.......and Wanderers:

WP_20190423_14_45_10_Pro.jpg

Colin ???

Last edited:
Further down La Loire is the formerly strategic hill town of Sancerre, now famous for it's delightful white wine. The vineyards are just coming back to life after their winter recess but at a distance still look brown:

WP_20190423_16_15_38_Pro (2).jpg

There are distant views of La Loire from the town:

WP_20190423_17_23_09_Pro.jpg

And the white wine?
Nah.
It's chocolate ice cream every time for The Wanderer:

WP_20190423_16_53_35_Pro.jpg

In fact two ice creams.

Colin ???

Looks as though you're having a fantastic time. The photos are great... Keep them coming. Hopefully we'll manage to catch up again at one of the Scottish meet. X

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back