Chat Room

Wow! Thanks for that...didn't know! It didn't cover her whole back as small guest towel size...did seem to stop her panting though! Will look into this more. She won't lay on a wet towel or cool pad. Dave tells me to leave her as she knows when she is too hot, but I think she is daft! We put sun cream on her as she is white, hard to keep her indoors when we are in and out with doors open...

Not sure what to do today, second coffee required. Other half is helping daughter to strip wallpaper, van needs prepping for a 3 day jaunt to Llandegla next week, daughters garden needs attention, hedges need cutting here, decisions decisions ??

• Funny
Reactions: Rec
The gel coats look quite good I think, was the article about actually wrapping the dog completely in a wet towel, I wonder? Maybe a flannel on the back of neck would be better...and I am going to try frozen blocks of chicken stock for her to lick...got loads in the freezer for making soup! Somehow soup doesn't appeal in the heat:D

Wow! Thanks for that...didn't know! It didn't cover her whole back as small guest towel size...did seem to stop her panting though! Will look into this more. She won't lay on a wet towel or cool pad. Dave tells me to leave her as she knows when she is too hot, but I think she is daft! We put sun cream on her as she is white, hard to keep her indoors when we are in and out with doors open...
The best place to cool is apparently belly and under the armpits I put ice in my 3 dogs drinking water and make them ice treats I freeze leftover gravy from our meals especially Sunday lunch?

Reactions: Rec
Not sure what to do today, second coffee required. Other half is helping daughter to strip wallpaper, van needs prepping for a 3 day jaunt to Llandegla next week, daughters garden needs attention, hedges need cutting here, decisions decisions ??

Go fishing ;)

The gel coats look quite good I think, was the article about actually wrapping the dog completely in a wet towel, I wonder? Maybe a flannel on the back of neck would be better...and I am going to try frozen blocks of chicken stock for her to lick...got loads in the freezer for making soup! Somehow soup doesn't appeal in the heat:D
What about a cheap paddling pool?

What about a cheap paddling pool?
Blooming dog doesn't like paddling in water, goes in the edge of the sea accidentally....sank like a stone once when she toppled into a river! I swear she was walking on the bottom...we had to drag her out as she surfaced. It was very scarey.. apparently some staffies just don't get swimming! She doesn't like being sprayed with the hose either! :cautious::cautious:

That's got all the units, doors etc; back home by 09.00!
Going to a funeral at Taunton later, so not going to get much done today

Mum was moved to the nursing home yesterday and she seems to be happy to have left hospital, just hoping she settles in okay.

Nipped over to the Wellington meet last night with some kindling - firepit was already ablaze and they were all full of fish n chips :). They had cracking weather last year and it looks to be holding fair for this year too.

Glad your mum is making the move from hospital. Hope she settles without too much trouble...you certainly seem to have done as much as possible for her. Enjoy having time and space again, it must be such a relief to know she is safe and looked after.
One day...we will get to a meet!

Just home from a few days roaming in Wales, now got to get stuck in to changing the layout of the bungalow. Despite my racing snake physique I am unable to crawl about in the loft, so have got plumbers in today to re-position the rads. Bliddy frustrating having to pay someone to do things I spent most of my life doing, but has to be done:cry:.

Doing the Kent run for next couple of days, visiting all the family we "abandoned" on our move to Suffolk. Bringing my mum back to stay for three weeks, and looking at a longer plan for her. So forgetful these days...bit of a worry! She went to the gp to talk about it and was made an appointment for, I think, a dementia assessment...but forgot to go!! Interesting on the radio this morning, that wearing hearing aids helps memory, have to discuss this with her she often forgets to put them in! Just trying to get oh and dog into gear to go for walk along the beach...parked up on seafront!

Doing the Kent run for next couple of days, visiting all the family we "abandoned" on our move to Suffolk. Bringing my mum back to stay for three weeks, and looking at a longer plan for her. So forgetful these days...bit of a worry! She went to the gp to talk about it and was made an appointment for, I think, a dementia assessment...but forgot to go!! Interesting on the radio this morning, that wearing hearing aids helps memory, have to discuss this with her she often forgets to put them in! Just trying to get oh and dog into gear to go for walk along the beach...parked up on seafront!
A friend had similar problems with her mum, The appointment letters kept arriving but were missed because her mum forgot about them, Letters now sent to her daughter,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back